Calling all beer lovers!! I’ve got the perfect soup for you…..Beer….Cheese….Soup!! This soup is so creamy and decadent that it almost feels like a sham to call it a soup. It’s filled with so much cheesy goodness, not to be upstaged by all that beer flavor….Mmmmm!!! Perfection!! The guys will go nuts for this one on Game Day but I really could eat it just about any day of the week. I almost ALWAYS double the batch (so that I can eat it any day!!). Oh and did I mention it’s pretty much the easiest soup recipe ever?!? It literally comes together in a snap. Grab your favorite beer (a little for the soup….a little for me!) and let’s get cooking!!
Here’s all you’ll need: onion, butter, condensed cream of celery soup, beer, milk, Worcestershire sauce, dried parsley flakes, paprika, and Velvet cheese.
Finely chop the onions. I find the smaller the better for this recipe. If you have a picky eater in your group, try grating the onion with a cheese grater instead. They’ll never even know they’re in there.
In a dutch oven or soup pot, saute the onion in butter until tender.
Stir in the soup, beer, milk, Worcestershire sauce, parsley and paprika. The secret to making this soup is to be sure that you pick a beer that you LOVE to drink! In my house we ALWAYS go with Bud Light. You can also substitute smoked paprika to give it an ahh-mazing smoky flavor. SOOOO good!!!
Cube the Velveeta. This helps it melt faster!
Reduce the heat to low and stir in the Velveeta cubes. Stir frequently, scraping the bottom of the pan. You do not want this to boil.
Continue to cook until the cheese is melted. The soup will thicken as the cheese melts. Heat through. OMG!! I could literally “drink” this whole pot! I like to sprinkle a little paprika and parsley on top to make it pretty! Pair with pretzels if you really want to get fancy…..then invite me over, K?
Beer Cheese Soup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Step 1 Finely chop the onions. In a dutch oven or soup pot, saute the onion in butter until tender.
- Step 2 Stir in the soup, beer, milk, Worcestershire sauce, parsley and paprika.
- Step 3 Reduce the heat to low and stir in the Velveeta cubes. Stir frequently, scraping the bottom of the pan. You do not want this to boil.
- Step 4 Continue to cook until the cheese is melted. Heat through. Serve warm and enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!