I have anxiously been awaiting this recipe…..ALL……SUMMER!!!!!! This recipe is EVERYTHING!!! It’s THE whole reason that I plant tomatoes and basil, so that I can have fresh bruschetta whenever I want. And now that moment is finally here!! I promise you, we will be making this recipe to death for the next few weeks at my house. And you know what….no one will mind! They won’t. It’s pretty much the quintessential end of summer appetizer. The tomatoes are so fresh and juicy, the crostini is so crisp and crunchy, and the fresh garlic and basil gives it a little bite but in the best way! My absolute favorite way to enjoy it is with a breezy summer night, good friends, and a glass of wine. Doesn’t that sound fabulous right about now?!? It also pairs well as an appetizer to grilled pizza or your favorite italian dish, or sometimes we just eat it as a light afternoon snack! I can’t think of a better way to use up all those tomatoes. One bite and you’ll see why it’s the best ever!!
Here’s all you’ll need: tomatoes, basil, fresh garlic, parmesan cheese, olive oil, sliced baguette (or french bread), salt, and pepper.
Rinse, seed, and chop tomatoes. Yep! These babies are homegrown.
Slice baguette or french bread. I love to buy the pre sliced stuff at our grocery store to save time. Lightly brush bread with a touch more olive oil. Broil in the oven until lightly brown. Be sure to stay close. It will only take a few minutes.
Best Ever Bruschetta
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread or baguette (or use pre sliced)
- Step 1 Seed and chop tomatoes. Peel and mince garlic. Roughly chop basil.
- Step 2 In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 3 Gently stir to combine all ingredients. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until serving.
- Step 4 Slice baguette or french bread. Lightly brush bread with a a small amount of olive oil. Broil in the oven 2-5 minutes or until toasted.
- Step 5 Top toasts with bruschetta and enjoy!
Leave us your comments and love down below!