Broccoli Cheese Spread is such a simple recipe but it’s so amazingly good. You absolutely need this quick and easy appetizer recipe in your arsenal. I mean could there be a more classic combination than broccoli and cheese? I don’t think so! Just try it and see. It’s near impossible to resist the lusciousness of this rich and creamy dip. You won’t believe how easy it is to make. Serve it up for a party or crowd, whip it together quickly when company stops by, or hoard it all for yourself while binge watching your fave Netflix series. This versatile dip can be ready at the drop of a hat or even made ahead of time. Pop it in the oven and it’s done in 20 minutes. Go ahead and hit the print button already!
Here’s all you’ll need: cream cheese, sour cream, Italian salad dressing mix, frozen chopped broccoli, cheddar cheese, and crackers for dipping.
Five ingredients, that’s it just five ingredients! Let’s get this party started!! Soften the cream cheese and place it in a large bowl. You can leave the cream cheese out for a bit or nuke it in the microwave for a few seconds. It’s easier to mix when it’s softened. Using a hand mixer, blend together the cream cheese, sour cream and Italian salad dressing mix. You can find the salad dressing mix in the salad dressing aisle at your local grocer. It usually comes in a packet or sometimes in a box if it’s a two-pack.
Thaw the frozen broccoli. You may need to drain it as well and pat it dry. You can also chop up any especially large broccoli florets that slipped through the cracks. I like all my pieces to be bitesize. Next fold in the broccoli and 1-1/2 cups of cheddar cheese. I love sharp cheddar! The sharper the better!! My hubby always seems to gravitate towards mild. So whatever floats your boat will work just fine.
Spray a shallow 1-quart baking dish lightly with cooking spray. I used my Corningware 1-qt dish but a pie plate also works greats for dips or spreads. Spoon the Broccoli Cheese Spread evenly into the baking dish.
Top with the remaining cheese and bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes. That’s it! Seriously so easy!!
And so cheesy!!! Grab a cracker before it’s gone because I’m diving right into the Broccoli Cheese Spread. Speaking of broccoli and cheese…Have you tried our Broccoli Cheese Soup?
Broccoli Cheese Spread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained and patted dry
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Crackers for dipping
- Step 1 Soften the cream cheese and place it in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, blend together the cream cheese, sour cream and Italian salad dressing mix.
- Step 2 Thaw the frozen broccoli, drain, and pat dry. fold in the broccoli and 1-1/2 cups of cheddar cheese.
- Step 3 Spray a shallow 1-quart baking dish lightly with cooking spray. Spoon the Broccoli Cheese Spread evenly into the baking dish.
- Step 4 Top with the remaining cheese and bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes. Serve with crackers. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!