Are you Egg-cited for Easter??? We sure are!!! Our Butterscotch Easter Nests make an Egg-cellent Easter treat. This crunchy, no bake candy is a spinoff of classic butterscotch haystacks. Now if you’ve never tried haystacks, then you are truly missing out! I think every family has their own little variations to the recipe. Some add in chocolate, peanut butter, marshmallows, peanuts, you name it! My family makes them every Christmas, with the addition of cashews, for as long as I can remember. But at Easter we swap out the nuts for Cadbury mini eggs and shape them into adorable little Butterscotch Easter Nests. These cute little nests are the easiest Easter treat you can possibly make. Butterscotch chips, chow mein noodles, and Cadbury Mini Eggs are all that’s needed to create this delicious goody. And they’re no bake too which means no excuses!! You absolutely, positively, simply MUST try Butterscotch Easter Nests this year!!!
Here’s all you’ll need: Chow mein noodles, butterscotch chips, and Cadbury mini eggs.
Place the butterscotch morsels in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir the chips, and then heat for an additional 30 seconds. Repeat the process until all the chips are melted. The butterscotch should be smooth and creamy. If you love butterscotch (like me!) then you will go nuts for this treat! I really need to start adding these sweet little morsels to my cookie dough more often!!
Now add the chow main noodles to the butterscotch mixture. Gently stir the mixture until the chow mein noodles are completely coated. The noodles give this dessert an out of this world crunch in the best way possible! You can typically find them on the international food aisle in the Chinese section.
Place a spoonful of the mixture into a full size muffin cup. Now you’ll start to form the nest. I like to try to create a little bit of a divot in the middle with the bottom of a spoon by pushing the mixture towards the outside. This will give us a nice little spot for our eggs to sit.
Immediately place a few eggs inside each nest before the candy has a chance to harden. Once I have my eggs in place I like to toss the muffin pan in the fridge. This helps to speed up the hardening process. If the weather’s cold enough you can even take them outside for a bit! Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until the candy has completely hardened. Then remove from the muffin pan. You can run a knife around the edges or simply just flip the pan upside down and wiggle them right out (my method of choice!!)
Chocolate eggs nestled in a mound of butterscotch! Eggs-traordinary!!! I hope you find some in your basket this year!
Butterscotch Easter Nests
- 1 (11 oz) pkg butterscotch chips
- 1 (8.5 oz) can chow mein noodles
- 24 Cadbury mini eggs candies
- Step 1 Place the butterscotch morsels in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir the chips, and then heat for an additional 30 seconds. Repeat the process until all the chips are melted.
- Step 2 Add the chow main noodles to the butterscotch mixture. Gently stir the mixture until the chow mein noodles are completely coated.
- Step 3 Spoon the butterscotch mixture into a muffin cup. Place a few eggs on top before the candy has a chance to harden.
- Step 4 Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until the candy has hardened completely.
- Step 5 Remove from the muffin pan and enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!