Is it just me or does it feel like once December 1st hits on the calendar, time actually speeds up??? I swear I blink and suddenly it’s Christmas Eve! Maybe it’s the millions of things I have to do from now until then. Or maybe I just get wrapped up in all of that holiday excitement. Or maybe I just over commit myself. It’s probably that one! Who can relate??? So instead of stressing this year, I’m just working smarter and not harder! What if I told you that you can make your holiday appetizers right now and then just toss them in the oven when you need them? You would be all in right?!? I know I sure am! I’ve got a tray of babies in my freezer right now, prepped and ready to go! These Cheesy Sausage Balls are the perfect accompaniment to breakfast, brunch, dinner, or any holiday party. They only require a few ingredients, you can whip up a large batch super quick, AND they are Dee-licious!!! Even my picky eaters love them! Clear some freezer space and let’s get ready to show the holidays whose boss!!
Here’s all you’ll need: pork sausage, Bisquick baking mix, cheddar cheese, onion, celery, black pepper, and minced garlic (I definitely recommend “cheaters” garlic. Anything to make this even easier!)Alright! Are you ready??? Just like December, blink and you’ll miss the instructions. Here we go! Step number one, toss every single one of the ingredients into one big bowl. Yup! Everything!!!
Step Two, mix everything together with your hands. Squish it all up. The perfect bite will have a little bit of celery, a little bit of onion, and a little bit of cheese! That’s what we’re going for here.
Step Three, roll the mixture into 1 inch balls. If you’re really feeling ambitious you can use a cookie scoop to measure them out and keep them all uniform, but it’s totally not necessary. Just try to keep them all about the same size so they all cook evenly. Place in a 13 X 9 baking pan. It’s ok if they’re touching!
Can’t wait to eat ’em? Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Planning on saving them? Freeze in a baking pan. I love the disposal ones from the Dollar Store! Cover with aluminum foil and store in the freezer for up to two months. When ready to use, remove from the freezer and thaw for 15 minutes on countertop. Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. I like to freeze in small batches so I can just use them as needed.
Neighbors drop in unexpectedly? Throw in some sausage balls! Last minute holiday party at work? Bring a tray of sausage balls! Need an appetizer for Christmas Eve? Sausage Balls to the rescue!!!
Cheesy Sausage Balls
- 2 16-oz packages Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage (original flavor)
- 1-1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Step 1 Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Step 2 Roll the meat mixture into 1 inch balls. Place in a 13 X 9 baking dish.
- Step 3 Can’t wait to eat ’em? Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Step 4 Planning on saving them? Freeze in a baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and store in the freezer for up to two months. When ready to use, remove from the freezer and thaw for 15 minutes on countertop. Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!