Alright let’s just cut to the chase here! This next recipe is called Chicken Wing Dip NOT “Buffalo” Chicken Wing Dip. You don’t call them “Buffalo” wings if you actually live in Buffalo. The Buffalo part is just assumed cause everyone knows that when it comes to wings, we do it best! Chicken Wing Dip is a game day staple in these parts and after one little taste you’ll see why. Nothing goes better with football than the amazing flavor of pizza and wings. Now if you wanna do it right you’ve gotta know a few things, first Frank’s RedHot sauce is a must!!! True chicken wing lovers will swear by this fact. And second, for Heaven’s sake do not omit the blue cheese! A true wing dip has blue cheese…it’s a Buffalo thing. And if you really wanna do this deliciously cheesy, oh so delish dip the justice it deserves, serve it with celery and carrots along with your favorite dippers.
Here’s all you’ll need: cream cheese, cooked chicken, Buffalo wing sauce (or hot sauce), blue cheese salad dressing, and colby jack cheese.
Let’s get started cause I know you can’t wait to dive in to some Chicken Wing Dip. Frank’s RedHot sauce is the way to go. This wing sauce is the real deal or you can keep it old school with the classic Frank’s RedHot hot sauce. Of course you can swap out for your favorite wing sauce or hot sauce but just know that in Buffalo we’re using Frank’s. (and this is definitely not an ad)
Soften the cream cheese Soften cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Next add the wing sauce and blue cheese dressing. Mix well with a hand mixer or by hand. It’s ok if the cream cheese is a little lumpy and not completely smooth. It’ll all melt down in the oven while it bakes. Ok so I can’t believe I’m saying this, but if you absolutely are not into blue cheese, yes you can swap out for Ranch. (But I might get hate mail over that one!)
Next chop up or shred the cooked chicken. The absolute quickest and easiest way to do this is to grab one of those pre-cooked rotisserie chickens. Slice a little bit off and BAM! You’re done. Of course you can cook your own chicken breasts or use canned chicken as well.
Add the cooked chicken and 1 cup of cheese to the bowl and mix it all up. All that creamy, cheesy goodness is going to melt down and hold this thing together.
Place in a 1-quart baking dish and top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until that top layer of cheese is nice and melty! I placed this guy on a baking sheet just in case it bubbled over.
Remove from the oven and serve warm. Tastes just like a chicken wing dipped in blue cheese. Mmmm-mmm good!! Ain’t no thang like a chicken wing!! You know what pairs perfectly with Chicken Wing Dip??? Our Cheesy Pizza Dip, of course!!
Chicken Wing Dip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cup cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce (Frank's RedHot sauce)
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- carrots, celery, pretzels or tortilla chips for dipping
- Step 1 Soften cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Add the wing sauce and blue cheese dressing. Mix well.
- Step 2 Add 1-1/2 cups cooked chicken and 1 cup of cheese to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Step 3 Place in a 1-quart baking dish and top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese s melted.
- Step 4 Remove from the oven and serve warm with celery, carrots, and your favorite dippers. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!