Soooo….you know I love me a good no bake last minute recipe! With the Super Bowl less than a week away, I wanted to bring you this super easy, super delicious party snack. Just because a recipe comes together quickly doesn’t mean it can’t be a show stopper! Our Chocolate Chip Cheesecake ball is a fun spin on the traditional cheese ball and is sure to be the game day MVP. You can even make it ahead of time or even the day before, refrigerate, and pull it out in time for kickoff. More sweet than savory, it’s dessert like flavor is a hit with kids and adults alike. Equal parts cheesecake and chocolate chip cookie dough, this yummy snack will have your party goers huddled around the food table! Ready, set, hike!!!
Here’s all you’ll need: cream cheese, butter, vanilla, confectioners sugar, brown sugar, mini chocolate chips, pecans, and graham crackers for dipping.
In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, softened butter, and vanilla until smooth. I totally cheated and nuked the cream cheese for 30 seconds in the microwave, then added the butter and ran it for another 15 seconds. Instantly softened cream cheese and butter for the win!
Next add the brown sugar and confectioners sugar and mix until well blended. The mixture should be nice and creamy and tastes just like cheesecake at this point! YUM!!!!
Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Mix until evenly distributed. Cover the mixture and refrigerate for two hours or until firm enough to shape. This recipe is literally just a bunch of refrigeration time with about 5 minutes of actual work. I won’t tell if you don’t! Super simple recipes are my favorite!!
Place the mixture on a large sheet of plastic wrap. Cover completely with the plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Place the ball into a bowl and refrigerate for one hour. The bowl helps to keep its round shape. And don’t forget, you can make this the morning of, or the day before and just keep it refrigerated until ready to serve. That is….if you can keep your hands out of it until then!
Unwrap the cheesecake ball and roll the ball into the chopped pecans before serving. Nom nom nom nom!! You’re gonna wanna double dip! You’ve been warned!
Serve Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Ball with graham crackers, animal crackers, Nella wafers, pretzels, anything that you would love to cover with chocolate chips and cheesecake! I pick all of the above!!! I’m about to run a BLITZ and charge the dessert table!! If you’re loving this recipe, you’ve gotta try our Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies too!
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Ball
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Graham crackers
- Step 1 In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, softened butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Step 2 Add the brown sugar and confectioners sugar and mix until well blended.
- Step 3 Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Cover the mixture and refrigerate for two hours or until firm enough to shape.
- Step 4 Place the mixture on a large sheet of plastic wrap. Cover completely with the plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Step 5 Unwrap and roll the ball into the chopped pecans before serving. Serve with graham crackers, pretzels or your favorite dippers. Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!