T-minus one week until Halloween!!! You know what the two best parts of Halloween are???…….the chocolate and the pumpkins!!! Obvi. So why not combine the two?!? This next recipe does just that. Now typically I love ANY and EVERY pumpkin recipe, but the addition of chocolate chips shoots this one right up to the top of my list. It’s pretty much quintessential Fall baking at its finest and it will make your house smell wonderful while it’s baking. Ditch the Fall candles and toss in a loaf of pumpkin bread instead! This recipe is also great for sharing!! It can easily be doubled to make 2 loaves in the same amount of time. So pick a Fall bestie you’d love to share this with and get baking!!
Here’s all you’ll need: flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, eggs, sugar, canned pumpkin, canola oil, and chocolate chips.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Mix with a spoon until combined.
Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until everything is combined. I like to add a little bit of the flour mixture and then blend it in. Then add a little more, then blend it in , and keep repeating til all the flour is mixed in. It makes it SO much easier to blend if you do a little at a time. Otherwise you may end up with a flour explosion….don’t ask me how I know!
Pour batter in a greased loaf pan. This one is a 9 1/4 X 5 1/4 inch size. You can also use a smaller 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 inch and just adjust the baking time (maybe 5-10 minutes less).
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. I set my oven for 60 minutes and then check to see if the loaf was set. If it’s not quite done, I’ll continue baking in 2 minute intervals until it’s cooked all the way through. Mmm! The edges look nice and golden brown!
Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Slide a butter knife or a spatula around the edges to release from the pan. Continue to cool on a wire rack or a platter. I just plopped this little piece of Heaven right onto the platter! Of course we dug in before it was cool!! This baby is delicious warm or cold, with butter or plain, on a plate or right out of your hand. You can’t go wrong!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 cups canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cups canola oil
- 3/4 cups (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Step 1 In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Mix with a spoon until combined.
- Step 2 In a second medium sized bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil. Mix with a hand mixer on a low speed until the oil is fully incorporated.
- Step 3 Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until everything is combined.Stir in chocolate chips. Fold into the batter until evenly distributed.
- Step 4 Pour batter in a greased 9 1/4 X 5 1/4 inch loaf pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Step 5 Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Slide a knife around the edges to loosen from the pan. Continue to cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cool! Enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!