Attention all chocolate and peanut butter lovers…I’ve got the recipe of your dreams right here!!! Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are calling your name (and mine too). Chocolate and peanut butter is a combination that I just can’t resist and these soft, chewy, sinfully delicious cookies are no exception. Don’t walk, but RUN to the candy aisle right now. You’ll need an entire bag of Reese’s peanut butter cups for this recipe plus chocolate and peanut butter chips too. These cookies are so rich and super good! Even the cookie base itself is loaded with chocolate and peanut butter flavor. Seriously we couldn’t pack in any more!! You’ll be happy to know this recipe makes a huge batch because these cookies are definitely worth sharing.
Here’s all you’ll need: butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg yolks, milk, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, baking cocoa, milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and of course peanut butter cups.
I hope you’ve got a gallon of milk on hand cause the second these babies come out of the oven you’re gonna wanna be ready! Add the softened butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and white sugar to a large bowl. Cream it all together with a hand mixer. This recipe is great for stand mixers too since the dough is a little on the heavy side. Next beat in the egg yolks (just the yolks, not the whites), milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
Add the flour, cocoa and baking soda to a separate bowl and mix it all up with a whisk. For this recipe it’s best to mix the dry ingredients separately and then add them to the wet ingredients in small increments.
Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamy peanut butter mixture a little at a time. Blend with the hand mixer between each addition until all of the dry ingredients are absorbed to form a thick chocolatey dough. If you add the flour mixture all at once the dough will be super hard to mix so little by little is best. It’s totally worth the extra time and helps to evenly distribute all the ingredients.
Now it’s time for the fun stuff. Bust out that classic wooden spoon that’s been hiding in a drawer and mix in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and chopped peanut butter cups by hand. Yep! The old fashioned way. You’re gonna need a little elbow grease for this one so roll up those sleeves and get to work.
Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough and roll it into a ball. Place the cookie dough balls on a parchment lined baking sheet spread about 2 inches apart. Press down slightly with the palm of your hand to flatten just a little bit.
I ALWAYS recommend parchment paper for baking. It’s the best way to elevate your cookie baking game! If you’re not familiar with it, parchment paper is a non-stick baking paper. It reduces browning and when you’re done using it you can just toss it in the trash. I love it! You can find it at any grocery store or even order it on Amazon.
Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies in a 350 degree preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Bake until just set. You’ll want to be careful not to over bake.
For perfect cookies every time I always rotate the baking sheets halfway through baking. Use the top and middle racks in the oven, never the bottom. And then about halfway through baking time swap positions. So the cookies that were baking on the top rack get bumped down to the middle rack and the cookies that were baking on the middle rack get moved up to the top. I also rotate the baking sheets so that the cookies that were in the front of the oven are now in the back and vice versa. This helps all the cookies to bake evenly and will yield the very best results. Every. Time.
Leave Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes. Then remove from the pan with a spatula and finish cooling on a wire rack (or even the counter top). They’re soft and breakable fresh out of the oven so this makes them a little bit easier to handle.
Finally grab a big ole glass of milk and try not to eat the whole batch in one sitting! It’s near impossible to eat just one. If you liked this recipe, try our Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies or Chewy M&M Cookies next!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 9 oz of peanut butter cups, chopped
- Step 1 Add the softened butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and white sugar to a large bowl. Cream together with a hand mixer. Next beat in the egg yolks (just the yolks, not the whites), milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Step 2 Add the flour, cocoa and baking soda to a separate bowl and mix with a whisk. Gradually add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture a little at a time. Blend with the hand mixer between each addition. Mix in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and chopped peanut butter cups by hand.
- Step 3 Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough. Roll it into a ball. Place the cookie dough balls on a parchment lined baking sheet spread about 2 inches apart. Press down with the palm of your hand to flatten slightly.
- Step 4 Bake cookies in a 350 degree preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until just set. Do not over bake.
- Step 5 Leave cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes. Then remove from the pan with a spatula and finish cooling on a wire rack (or even the counter top). Enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below.
Shop this recipe!