Everyone and I do mean EVERYONE loves a good cannoli. But not everyone enjoys the work! Well this fun to eat, Easy Ice Cream Cone Cannoli recipe is a game changer people!!! It’s all the deliciousness of a good old fashioned cannoli but without any of the fuss. I know!! I can’t believe it either!! We’re trading cannoli shells for sugar cones to make this new summer delight. This super cute substitute allows the simple, creamy, cannoli filling to be the star of the show. Adults and kids alike will love this one! It’s SO good and ridiculously easy to whip up. No excuses!! You’ve gotta make this one ASAP!!
Here’s all you’ll need: ricotta cheese, confectioners sugar, mini chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and sugar cones.
The key to this entire recipe lies in the very first step. You’ve gotta drain the ricotta!! Like really, really good!! Place the ricotta in a fine mesh strainer or wrap it in cheesecloth. Place a bowl underneath and allow it to drain for 12 hours or preferably overnight. I know what you’re thinking….overnight??? But Lisa you said this was gonna be easy!! Well it is!! You can totally go on with your business and forget about it. Getting out that excess moisture will ensure a thick and creamy cannoli filling and ice cream cones that aren’t soggy. Totally worth it.
Drain off the excess liquid from the ricotta cheese. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, confectioners sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix well to combine. You can use a hand mixer on the lowest speed or just a good ole fashioned spoon and some elbow grease. I bet you can guess which route I took! Whatever gets those Easy Ice Cream Cone Cannoli into my belly faster!
Next stir in the mini chocolate chips. You’re so cute mini chocolate chips!! I could just eat you right up. In due times my friends!! Baaahhaahaaaa!!!! Refrigerate the filling until ready to use.
Fill a microwave safe dish with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of mini chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove from the microwave and stir. Repeat the process (in 30 second intervals) until the chocolate is creamy and melted.
Dip the edge of the sugar cone into the chocolate and submerge. Swirl it around a time or two and then tap off the excess chocolate.
Next roll the rim of the sugar cone into a bowl filled with mini chocolate chips. The melted chocolate will collect the candies and stick them to the cone. Place the chocolate covered cone on a sheet of parchment paper and allow the chocolate to harden. It should only take about 10-15 minutes. But if you’re impatient like me, you can toss them on a plate and stick them in the fridge for a few minutes to speed up this process. You could also swap the chocolate chips for pistachios, sprinkles, or whatever fun topping you’d like! Go nuts and make these Easy Ice Cream Cone Cannoli your own!
Once the chocolate has set up, it’s time to fill these babies!! Remove the filling from the refrigerator and add it to a ziplock baggie. Seal the bag and then cut a fairly large opening in the corner. It needs to be big enough to allow the filling and those mini chocolate chips to sneak out.
Pipe the filling into the ice cream cones and serve immediately. You can totally make the filling ahead of time but the cones will get soggy if you fill them too far in advance. Don’t worry! It only takes a sec! Besides once these lil guys are filled you won’t be able to resist a bite! Pair with our One Pan Skillet Lasagna and you’ve got yourself an easy summer meal.
Easy Ice Cream Cone Cannoli
- 8 sugar cones
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Step 1 Place the ricotta in a fine mesh strainer or wrap it in cheesecloth. Place a bowl underneath and allow it to drain for 12 hours or overnight.
- Step 2 Drain off the excess liquid from the ricotta cheese. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, confectioners sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix well to combine.
- Step 3 Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate the filling until ready to use.
- Step 4 Fill a microwave safe dish with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of mini chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove from the microwave and stir. Repeat the process until the chocolate is melted.
- Step 5 Dip the edge of the sugar cone into the chocolate. Shake off any excess chocolate. Roll the cone through a shallow bowl filled with mini chocolate chips. Place the cones on parchment or wax paper and allow the chocolate to harden.
- Step 6 Remove the filling from the refrigerator and add it to a ziplock baggie. Seal the bag and cut a fairly large opening in the corner. Once the chocolate has set, pipe the cannoli filling into the cones. Serve immediately and enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!