Grilling season is officially here! We busted out this outstanding burger recipe for the first time this year for Memorial Day. It’s pretty much our go to any time we’re cooking burgers. Flavorful, juicy, and a cinch to whip up. Can a burger recipe be any more perfect than that? So needless to say, when we found this recipe, it quickly became a family favorite. And because it’s so simple to make, we were able to paint our patio, do some landscaping, AND build a picnic table on Memorial Day and still have a lovely picnic dinner! I know! We love to take on a project or two, or seven! Check out our fabulous new picnic table. My husband is pretty much a super hero!!
Here’s all you’ll need: Diced onions, ketchup, minced garlic, sugar, worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, cider vinegar, ground beef, cheese, bacon, buns and toppings of your choice.
Finely chop the onions.
Combine the first onions, ketchup, garlic, sugar, worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, code vinegar, and ground beef in a large bowl.
Mix well by hand.
Shape meat mixture into 4 equal sized balls.
Press each meat ball into a pattie.
I made these ahead of time so I used freezer paper to separate them until we were ready to grill.
Grill burgers over medium heat, 4-7 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees and juices run clear. We used 90% lean ground beef to avoid shrinkage.
Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with bacon and toppings of your choice! I went for the classic and topped with mayo, lettuce, tomato, bacon, and cheese. SOOOO GOOD!!! The rolls are from Costanzo’s Bakery. They are pretty much a staple here in Buffalo, NY. They sell them in the local supermarkets but nothing beats them fresh from the bakery!
Mmm!!! Doesn’t that look amazing?!? I love the little chunks of onion throughout the burger. So flavorful and delicious! Burger perfection! We hope you make this your go to burger recipe too! Summer is officially here!!
Family Favorite Bacon Cheeseburgers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves, tomato, onions, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish.
- Step 1 Finely chop the onions.
- Step 2 Combine the onions, ketchup, garlic, sugar, worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, cider vinegar, and ground beef in a large bowl.
- Step 3 Mix well by hand.
- Step 4 Shape meat mixture into 4 equal sized balls.Press each meat ball into a pattie.
- Step 5 Grill burgers over medium heat, 4-7 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees and juices run clear.
- Step 6 Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer until cheese is melted.
- Step 7 Serve on buns with bacon and toppings of your choice! Chow down!
Leave us your comments and love down below!