Our Fresh Strawberry Tart recipe is here just in time for strawberry season! This beautiful tart makes the perfect ending to any meal. A mouth watering dessert layered with chocolate, filled with a rich and decadent cream cheese filling, and topped with jam glazed strawberries. YUM!!! This colorful concoction is bound to impress! But don’t be scared off….it’s way easier than you’d think! You’ll be making this quick fix dessert again and again this Spring and Summer! It’s one of my favorites!
Here’s all you’ll need: pie pastry, German sweet chocolate, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, confectioners’ sugar, fresh strawberries, and red raspberry jam.
First let’s grease our tart pan with cooking spray. You’ll want to use a tart pan with a removable bottom. It makes it so much easier to pop it out of the tart pan and onto a plate once we’re done. On a lightly flour surface roll out the pie pastry large enough to fit the tart pan. Press the pie pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of a fluted tart pan. Trim any excess pastry that may hang over the edges. You can use a refrigerated pie pastry if you’re in a pinch or try our Pie Crust Just Like Grandma Used To Make recipe!
Place the tart pan on top of a baking pan. Bake in a 450 degree preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow the pie crust to cool. Do not remove the pie crust from the tart pan. We’ll do that at the very end! The pie crust can be very delicate at this stage in the game and we don’t want to break it.
Meanwhile melt the German sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir and repeat. Continue the process until the chocolate is melted completely and smooth. This Fresh Strawberry Tart reminds me of making Chocolate Covered Strawberries! You can’t go wrong with Strawberries and Chocolate!
Next gently spread the chocolate over the pie crust. Make sure everything’s nice and covered. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or until the chocolate is just about set. OMG!!! My mouth is watering already!! You know who else would love this strawberry tart??? YOUR MOM!!! This would be a wonderful dessert to serve at a Mother’s Day Brunch. I think it would be lovely to receive as a gift as well. I know I wouldn’t turn it away!
In the meantime, in a large bowl beat the cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Gradually mix in the confectioners’ sugar and heavy cream until fully combined. The filling should be sweet and creamy!
Then spread the cream cheese mixture over the chocolate layer until it’s nice and smooth! What is it about cream cheese that makes everything SO much better??? This sweet and decadent filling is the perfect base to hold all those fresh strawberries!
Next cut the strawberries into thin slices. Layer the strawberries on top of the cream cheese starting at the outside and working your way inward. Continue to layer the strawberries until the tart is completely covered. Basically just make a circle around the outside and then another smaller circle that overlaps off of that. Keep making the smaller circles until you reach the middle. It will look pretty, I promise! You don’t have to be a pro!
Brush the strawberries carefully with the jam. If you don’t have raspberry on hand, you can use strawberry or red currant. Both jam or jelly will work. We mainly just don’t want any large fruit chunks getting in our way. Refrigerate for 2 hours before slicing.
Remove the sides of the tart pan before serving! And……VOILA!!! You’ve created a masterpiece! You won’t believe how quickly this Fresh Strawberry Tart will become a family favorite!! If you love strawberry season as much as we do, you’ll love making our Strawberry Crumb Cake Muffins!
Fresh Strawberry Tart
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup red raspberry jam
- Step 1 Grease the tart pan with cooking spray. Press the pie pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of the fluted pan. Trim any excess pastry that may hang over the edges.
- Step 2 Place the tart pan on top of a baking pan. Bake in a 450 degree preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow the pie crust to cool. Do not remove the pie crust from the tart pan. melt the German sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.
- Step 3 Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir and repeat. Continue the process until the chocolate is melted completely and smooth.
- Step 4 Spread the melted chocolate over the pie crust. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or until the chocolate is just about set.
- Step 5 in a large bowl beat the cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Gradually mix in the confectioners’ sugar and heavy cream until fully combined.
- Step 6 Spread the cream cheese mixture over the chocolate layer. Top with sliced strawberries.
- Step 7 Brush the strawberries with jam. Refrigerate for 2 hours before slicing. Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!