I am SO ready to get my Fall on! Cool weather, pumpkin spice everything, and apple cider……sign me up!! Only the first day of Fall has come and gone and we are still waiting on that chilly weather here in Buffalo. Now normally us Buffalonians wouldn’t dare complain about nice weather because we all know that blizzard season is right around the corner, but I’m talking about 90…degree….days….in…September!!! Now that’s just not right! C’mon summer just end already and make room for Fall. I totally wanted to go apple picking this year, but like in Fall weather, not in a heatwave! So I wimped out and just bought some instead….BUT….they were from a legit farm so I’m counting it (somebody picked them just not me!)
Everyone knows that if you want THE best apple cider in Western NY, you’ll need to head to Cherry Bank Farms in Sanborn! So of course they were the obvious choice for apples as well. They have the cutest little country store where you can purchase all sorts of baked goods, freshly picked apples, local honey, maple syrup and all sorts of other goodies. It’s cash only so make sure you stop at the ATM.
My top picks are the cookies….all of them! These are homemade chocolate chips and were filled with huge chocolate chunks inside!! SO yummy!! And of course you HAVE to take home some cider. Now that’s just a given. If you are ever lucky enough to be there on a day when they have grape juice just buy it all! No for real.
The farm fresh goodies are fabulous enough on their own, but we decided to take them up a notch and bake them into this spectacular apple pie cheesecake! Mission accomplished!
Here’s all that you’ll need; apples, cream cheese, pecans, sugar, eggs, butter, lemon juice, graham crackers, cinnamon, vanilla, whipped cream and caramel ice cream topping.
Press crumb mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9 inch springform pan. Springforms work best for cheesecake because when it’s done baking, you can just remove the sides. Best invention ever! Bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degrees preheated oven. Remove pan from oven and cool until we’re finished with the filling.
Add eggs, one at a time, and beat on a low speed until incorporated. This will make our apple pie cheesecake so creamy! Mix in the vanilla extract.
Carefully spoon the apples over the cheesecake filling. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55-60 minutes or until the middle is almost set. I tend to go on the longer side for cheesecakes just to make sure they’re nice and firm all the way through. Once the timer goes off, I turn off the oven, leave the cheesecake inside and just crack open the oven door slightly. If you allow the cheesecake to cool slowly like this, it helps to prevent cracks down the middle. Over The Top Apple Pie Cheesecake is a very forgiving recipe though, since the top is smothered in apples!
Run a knife around the edges and remove from springform pan. Allow it to cool completely before you try cutting into it. I know, it’s hard, but you gotta try! Those perfectly cut cheesecake slices will thank you later.
It looks SO good already but wait, there’s more! Add some caramel drizzle, a few crushed pecans, and a dollop of whipped cream and I promise you won’t regret it!!! I can’t think of a better way to use up some of those Fall apples!!! It’s definitely a favorite in our family! Got lots of freshly picked apples to use? Try our your hand at our Apple Hand Pies!
Over the Top Apple Pie Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 9-10 whole graham crackers)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Step 1 In a food processor, chop graham crackers into fine crumbs. Set aside. Chop pecans into small pieces. Combine graham cracker crumbs, finely chopped pecans, 3 tablespoon sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- Step 2 Add butter and stir until well incorporated. Press into the bottom of a lightly greased, 9 inch springform pan. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Step 3 In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Slowly beat in eggs one at a time until incorporated. Mix in vanilla. Pour cream cheese mixture over the top of crust.
- Step 4 In a medium bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Carefully spoon over the top of cheesecake filling.
- Step 5 Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55-60 minutes or until the middle is almost set. Shut off oven and crack open the door with cheesecake still inside. Allow it to slowly cool.
- Step 6 Run a knife around the edges and remove from the pan. Drizzle with caramel sauce and chopped pecans. Cool completely before slicing. Serve with whipped topping.
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!