Homemade bread is the BEST!!!! I love baking it. I love the way it smells while it’s baking. And I love having freshly baked bread with a good home cooked meal. The problem is I don’t always have the time to make it ALLLLL the way from scratch. That rising wait time really adds up!! But those store bought versions that come in a tube can be so plain and boring. Well let me introduce you to this simple hack that will take those store bought biscuits from drab to fab! A few simple herbs and spices that you probably already have on hand are all that’s needed to kick that pre made dough up a notch…or two! These Parmesan Garlic Knots will save you a whole lotta time without sacrificing a whole lotta flavor.
Here’s all you need: a tube of buttermilk biscuits, canola oil, grated Parmesan, garlic powder, dried oregano, and dried parsley.
Ok so the first step is the hardest part of the whole recipe. You need to pop open that dang tube of biscuits!!! Why is it that no matter how careful I am peeling back that paper that they just never open correctly??? And then there’s that “pop” sound that makes 9 out of 10 people jump out of their skin. That 10th person is a freak of nature!! I don’t know how you do it! Ok, now that we’ve got that settled, roll out the biscuits one at a time into a 12 inch long rope. My baking pan was 9″ X 13″ so I used the long side to help me estimate the 12 inch length. This simple measuring hack finally clicked for me right now after all these years of busting out rulers in the kitchen. Mind Blown!
The finished product looks super complicated but its really easy. Tie the rope into a knot. Not a fancy knot. Not a double knot. Not a bow. Just a simple, basic knot.
Now just tuck those ends right underneath. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (you know how I roll). Those ends that you just tucked underneath should be on the bottom. Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, while the knots are cooking, combine the canola oil, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano and parsley. Mix well.
Remove the knots from the oven and brush them immediately with the garlic Parmesan mixture while they’re still warm.
Ta-da!!!! Seriously would you ever even guess that these were store bought canned biscuits??? I sure wouldn’t!! I love pairing them with a simple spaghetti and meatballs dinner. Or may I suggest our Penne Gorgonzola with Chicken recipe? That’s literally my perfect meal. SOOOO good!!!!
Garlic Parmesan Knots
- 1 tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Step 1 Roll out the biscuits one at a time into a 12 inch long rope. Tie the rope into a knot. Tuck the ends underneath.
- Step 2 Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (The ends that you just tucked underneath should be on the bottom). Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Step 3 While the knots are cooking, combine the canola oil, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano and parsley. Mix well.
- Step 4 Remove the knots from the oven. Brush immediately with the garlic Parmesan mixture while still warm. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!