Looking to shake things up a bit? Peach Mango Caprese Salad offers a lovely twist on the classic tomato and mozzarella dish. Caprese Salad fans will absolutely adore this lil bowl full of summer. The perfect bite holds wonderfully ripe peaches, juicy mango, tangy tomatoes, milky mozzarella, and just a hint of basil all enveloped in a sweet and savory vinaigrette. Add this beautiful salad to your end of summer meal planning to make the most of the seasonal fruit harvest. It makes a great addition to summer cookouts, sunset dinners on the patio, or even a light lunch. You’ll find every reason possible to make this delicious summer salad again and again.
Here’s all you’ll need: peaches, grape tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese pearls, mango, parsley, basil, balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper.
And did I mention like a lot of our recipes this one is just SO easy!! Peel the mango and chop into bitesize pieces. Chop up the peach into small pieces as well. To peel or not to peel, I’ll leave that totally up to you. I’m fine with the skin on…plus less work, obviously…but not everyone is a fan of the fuzzy skin. Don’t forget to cut the grape tomatoes in half too.
Add the peaches, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese balls, mango, along with 2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley and 2 Tablespoons of fresh basil to a large bowl. Mix to combine. Mozzarella cheese balls are a seasonal item at our local Sams Club store. We love buying them in bulk when they’re because the price is absolutely amazing and you get a ton!! This version comes marinated (which I love in this recipe) but the plain variety will work too. Pick them up at your local grocer or even a cheese shop.
Now I bet you can’t believe it but we are already at the halfway point for this recipe! So simple, right?!? Also I hope you’re like me and snatched a lil something from that bowl already. Food needs to be enjoyed…even if we’re not done yet.
Ok so this balsamic vinaigrette is pretty much effortless so there’s absolutely no excuse not to make it. Add the balsamic vinegar, 3 basil leaves, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper to a blender and process. Or you can slice the basil and add all the same ingredients to a jar with a tight fitting lid and just shake it up. This is a choose your own adventure kind of thing.
Pour my new favorite easy peasy vinaigrette over the salad. Gently toss to coat each and every last bite. Refrigerate Peach Mango Caprese Salad until you’re ready to serve. Another bonus to this fresh and delicious side dish is that it can easily be made ahead of time. If you plan on making in advance, I suggest waiting to add the vinaigrette until just before serving. Otherwise the salad can become a little watered down from the dressing.
And there you have it! Yep, that’s it. The freshest, easiest, most delicious side dish you’ll make all summer. Hope you love this one as much we I do.
Peach Mango Caprese Salad
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 medium peaches, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 carton (8 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese pearls, drained
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Step 1 Peel the mango and chop into bitesize pieces. Chop up the peach into small pieces. Slice the grape tomatoes in half.
- Step 2 Add the peaches, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese balls, mango, along with 2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley and 2 Tablespoons of fresh basil to a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Step 3 FOR THE DRESSING: Add the balsamic vinegar, 3 basil leaves, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper to a blender and process. Or you can slice the basil and add all the same ingredients to a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake.
- Step 4 Pour the vinaigrette over the salad. Gently toss to coat. Refrigerate ready to serve. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below.
Shop this recipe!