- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Step 1 In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup of butter, 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract and 1/2 cup of confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy.
- Step 2 Whisk together the flour and cornstarch in a medium sized bowl. Gradually add the flour mixture (about 1/2 cup at a time) into the creamed butter mixture until well blended. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- Step 3 Remove the cookie dough from the fridge. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and space them about 2-inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Step 4 Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 9-11 minutes or until the bottoms are light brown. Remove the cookies to wire racks to cool.
- Step 5 FOR THE FROSTING: Melt 2 tablespoon butter in a small microwave safe bowl. Beat in the milk and 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Step 6 Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cup of confectioners’ sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Step 7 Frost cookies and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies. Enjoy!