Sooooooooo……I have a confession to make! I’ve never actually made pie crust from scratch….until NOW! This was my first one EVER! I’ve always used store bought pie crusts. Every. Single. Time. REALLY!!! Sometimes I would dress them up with an egg wash or coarse sugar to make them look fancy, but they were just impostors all this time. Sometimes people really did believe that my pie crusts were homemade! (I never confessed unless they asked…I plead the fifth!) But now that I know just how easy it is to make your own pie crust, I don’t think that I’ll ever use store bought again. I mean seriously the recipe is only 4 ingredients and one of those ingredients is WATER! Not only that but it literally takes 5 minutes to whip this up and then you toss it in the fridge to chill. Some people Netflix and Chill, now I Piecrust and Chill. You really can’t mess this one up. Why was I under the illusion that pie crusts were such a hassle all this time??? No really! Where did I come up with these lies?!? This recipe is the quickest, simplest, most delicious way to step up your baking game! You NEED this one in your recipe collection.
Combine salt and flour in a large bowl. Simple.
Pie Crust Just Like Grandma Used To Make
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup water
- Step 1 Combine salt and flour in a large bowl.
- Step 2 Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Step 3 Add water and mix until well combined. Dough will form into a ball.
- Step 4 Divide in half and shape into two balls. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Step 5 Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface. Use as directed in pie recipe.
Leave us your comments and love down below!