What happens when you combine tater tots and nachos??? You get Totchos!!! Our all new Quick and Easy Loaded Totchos recipe are the perfect way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. This delicious spinoff recipe swaps tater tots for tortilla chips and then smothers them with all your favorite nacho toppings. Loaded Totchos will be the life of your next party! They’re perfect for snacking or to serve as an appetizer but also filling enough to be the whole meal. Everyone will love this hearty quick fix!
Here’s all you’ll need: tater tots, ground beef, taco seasoning, water, cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, taco sauce, and sour cream.
First cook the tater tots according to package directions or until golden brown. I like mine nice and crispy crunchy so I cook them a few minutes longer than the package directions! Who’s with me on that crunch?
Meanwhile in a large skillet brown the ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Crumble the meat as it browns. Then drain any excess grease from the pan. I like to use 90% lean beef or higher because the meat doesn’t shrink down as much during cooking. You could also substitute ground turkey or chicken.
Add in the taco seasoning and water. If you buy your taco seasoning by the packet you can toss in the whole thing. Or if you love Taco Tuesdays as much as we do and buy your seasoning in bulk, then you’ll need about 3 tablespoons. Bring to a boil and cook for about two minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
Now here’s the wild and crazy fun part! Cover your tots!! Load those babies up!! Layer on the ground beef! The cheddar cheese (or taco or Mexican blend)! Throw on some of that shredded lettuce!! Drizzle with taco sauce and then add a big ole dollop of sour cream!! Go nuts!! This recipe is so easy and I love that it can be modified to suit everyone’s tastes. Skip the lettuce and add beans. Plop on some guacamole! I’m giving you permission to play with your food!
And there you have it…Quick and Easy Loaded Totchos!!! Don’t they look delicious??? Your Cinco de Mayo party just got a whole lot better!!! De Nada! Don’t miss our Beer Margaritas coming later this week!!
Quick and Easy Loaded Totchos
- 4 cups frozen Tater Tots (one whole 28 oz bag)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning (3 tablespoons)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- any additional nacho toppings of your choice
- Step 1 Cook the tater tots according to package directions or until golden brown.
- Step 2 In a large skillet cook and crumble the ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Step 3 Stir in one packet of taco seasoning (3 tablespoons) and 2/3 cup of water. Bring to a boil. Cook for two minutes or until thickened.
- Step 4 Top tater tots with ground beef, cheese, and shredded lettuce. Drizzle with taco sauce and add a spoonful of sour cream. Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!