Easy Artichoke Bread makes a great snack for game day, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday…or really any day for that matter. This crusty French bread is rich, creamy, and super cheesy or in other words everything you would want an indulgent snack to be! It can be […]
Tag: appetizer ideas
Alright let’s just cut to the chase here! This next recipe is called Chicken Wing Dip NOT “Buffalo” Chicken Wing Dip. You don’t call them “Buffalo” wings if you actually live in Buffalo. The Buffalo part is just assumed cause everyone knows that when it […]
Raise your hand if you could use a little more fruit in your life. Well our Tropical Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips is here to help you with that. Fruit Salsa makes the perfect appetizer or snack for summer because it’s so light and refreshing. You’ll be shoveling this stuff in your mouth by the spoonful. But don’t miss out on the cinnamon chips! They bake up sweet, crispy, and delicious and make the perfect vessel for this colorful fruit medley. The tropical fruit blend is a surefire winner, but you can also shake it up a bit and swap out for whatever fruit combinations you like. Bananas, blueberries, or blackberries are a great place to start experimenting.
Here’s all you’ll need: strawberries, navel orange, kiwi, crushed pineapple, lemon juice, sugar, flour tortillas, butter, sugar, and ground cinnamon.
You’re gonna love this recipe because it’s super easy and can even be prepped ahead of time. Let’s start by prepping the fruit. Chop the strawberries, orange, and kiwi. The kiwi will need to be peeled first, of course.
Combine all 4 fruits in a large mixing bowl. Toss in the diced strawberries, orange chunks, kiwi, and crushed pineapple. Be sure to drain the crushed pineapple well otherwise the mixture will be soggy. Run the pineapple through a strainer or even squeeze the juice out with your hands if you have to.
Add the lemon juice and 1-1/2 teaspoons of sugar to the bowl and then mix it all up. Isn’t that just gorgeous?!? Refrigerate fruit salsa until ready to serve.
Our sugary sweet cinnamon coated chips are up next! Combine the cinnamon and 1/3 sugar in a small bowl.
Brush both sides of an 8-inch tortilla with melted butter. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture to cover. Then cut each tortilla into 8 wedges using a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Place the wedges on a parchment lined baking sheet. You can spray with cooking spray if you don’t have parchment paper laying around. But seriously, don’t be late to the party. Parchment paper comes in handy all.the.dang.time!
Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until just crisp. Thirteen minutes was right on the money to get that perfectly crunchable chip for my oven. Grab one to sample if you’re not sure! Ok maybe grab two to sample. No judgment!! I had to run a couple of batches to get all the chips to fit.
Serve the cinnamon chips with the Tropical Fruit Salsa and go to town baby!!! Seriously get after it! When you’re finished with this recipe, make sure you check out our Banana Split Cake! Just another tasty treat that’ll have you licking the bowl clean.
Tropical Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- CINNAMON CHIPS:
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches each)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Step 1 Chop the strawberries, orange, and kiwi. The kiwi will need to be peeled first, of course. Drain the pineapple.
- Step 2 Combine all 4 fruits in a large mixing bowl. Toss in the diced strawberries, orange chunks, kiwi, and crushed pineapple. Add the lemon juice and 1-1/2 teaspoons of sugar to the bowl. Toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Step 3 Combine the cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar in a small bowl. Brush both sides of an 8-inch tortilla with melted butter. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture to cover. Then cut each tortilla into 8 wedges using a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
- Step 4 Place the wedges on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until just crisp. Remove from the baking sheet and cool.
- Step 5 Serve the cinnamon chips with the fruit salsa and enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!
Our Ham and Cheese Bites make the cutest lil appetizer ever! This tasty bitesize snack works great for Easter brunch and doubles as a wonderful appetizer for Easter dinner too. They’re also perfect for after school snacking. Little fingers won’t be able to resist this […]