Ok so I know that every single store has flipped the switch from Halloween to Christmas, but you guys, I’m not done with pumpkin everything season yet! You can take away my pumpkin spice lattes but I’m still gonna celebrate. So this next recipe not […]
Tag: autumn recipes
T-minus one week until Halloween!!! You know what the two best parts of Halloween are???…….the chocolate and the pumpkins!!! Obvi. So why not combine the two?!? This next recipe does just that. Now typically I love ANY and EVERY pumpkin recipe, but the addition of […]
It’s that time of the year again….my favorite time of the year……Pumpkin EVERYTHING Season!!!!! Last week I celebrated with my very first pumpkin spice latte of the season from Starbucks. I know, I know! Basic white girl….and I’m totally ok with that! I will proudly wear my yoga pants and messy bun and eat all things pumpkin spice from now until Thanksgiving. Who’s with me????? May I suggest that you start with this ahhh-mazing recipe?!? These pumpkin waffles are the absolute best way to kick off Fall and put you in that pumpkin state of mind. They’re pretty simple to make and the added touch of homemade whipped cream will make you feel ultra fancy. Bust out your waffle iron!! You bout to get hooked!!
Here’s all you’ll need: Bisquick, pumpkin pie spice, milk, canned pumpkin, white sugar, vanilla extract, butter, vegetable oil, an egg, heavy cream, maple syrup, pecans and cinnamon to garnish (optional).
In a large bowl, mix together Bisquick, sugar, and pumpkin spice. The pumpkin spice has arrived!!!
Next whisk in the milk, followed by the canned pumpkin and vanilla extract. Mix until combined. Then add in the egg, oil, and melted butter. Continue to whisk until all ingredients are incorporated. In life and in baking, you can’t be afraid to take whisks!
Beat on high for several minutes, until stiff peaks begin to form. I find it helpful to move the beaters in a back and forth motion in the bowl.
Spray a waffle iron with cooking spray and preheat. Pour a small amount of batter in the tray. This big guy takes close to half a cup of batter (for reference). Close the lid and bake. Most machines will have a timer or light to let you know when the waffle is done.
Now comes the fun part! Cover with maple syrup, a generous dollop of that homemade whipped cream, and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and pecans!! OMG!! YOU GUYS!!! Total gourmet Fall breakfast in the comfort of your own home! I really love to make this one for house guests, well, cause I like to show off!
What’s your favorite pumpkin inspired thing to eat or drink?
Pumpkin Waffles with Maple Whipped Cream
- 2 cups Bisquick (or all purpose baking mix)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of cinnamon and pecans to garnish (optional)
- Step 1 In a large bowl, mix together Bisquick, sugar, and pumpkin spice.
- Step 2 Whisk in the milk, canned pumpkin and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Step 3 Add in the egg, oil, and melted butter. Continue to whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Step 4 In a separate bowl, mix heavy cream and maple syrup with a hand mixer on the lowest setting. Gradually increase the speed in 30 second intervals until on the highest setting. Beat on high for several minutes, until stiff peaks begin to form. Set aside. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Step 5 Bake waffle batter in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Step 6 Serve warm with maple syrup and whipped cream. Garnish with cinnamon and pecans if desired. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!