Summer BBQ season is finally here and we’re loving every minute of it! Aren’t summer foods just the best?!? Today I wanted to share with you a must have side dish for summertime picnics, potlucks, barbecues and get togethers, Slow-Cooked German Potato Salad. My German […]
Tag: BBQ side dish
Are you ready for a macaroni salad with a twist? Tired of bringing the same old boring salads to parties and potlucks? Prepare to be amazed by our Sweet and Tangy Macaroni Salad! This super creamy salad is like nothing you’ve ever tasted. It’s one […]
We hosted a Memorial Day picnic last Monday for my family. It was so much fun and all that cooking and BBQ-ing got me amped up to grill out….All. Summer. Long! Well that and maybe the fact that we had a little stretch of almost 90 degree weather here in Buffalo. Ugh!! It was so hot and sweaty and don’t even get me started on that humidity girlfriend!! All the more reason to shut off the oven and take the cooking outside. We absolutely love to grill just about ANYTHING…..meat, veggies, heck even a dessert or two. But you don’t have to be a grill master to whip up one of my favorite summer sides, Foil Packet Italian Veggies. You guys!! This mixed veggie medley is simply AMAZING!!! I love that it has a little bit of everything so makes everyone happy. AND of course since it cooks in a foil packet it’s easy clean up, which I am all about too. This versatile vegetable mash up is lightly seasoned, cooks up perfectly tender in a matter of minutes, and pairs well with just about anything you can toss on the grill. Fire up the grill and let’s get cooking!
Here’s all you’ll need: red, yellow, and orange peppers, baby carrots, green beans, plum tomatoes, white vinegar, olive oil, dried oregano and pepper.
Minimal prep work is all that’s needed to take your weeknight dinner from boring to fabulous! Foil Packet Italian Veggies are great because they’re easiest enough to whip up for your gamily any night of the week but also a colorful side dish that will impress your guests. First we need to cut the peppers into thin strips. I like to use 3 different color peppers because they’re just so pretty!! You could swap out with a green pepper, or do all reds, whatever combination you like is fine by me!
Next add the peppers to a large bowl. Add the carrots and the beans and toss to combine. Baby carrots and pre cut beans will shave a few minutes off your prep time. When it comes to grilling and summer cooking my motto is the easier the better!! So cut those corners when needed!
Roll our a sheet of aluminum foil, think approximately 24″X12″ in size. I ALWAYS have the heavy duty stuff on hand. It’s the best to grill with! Spray the foil with regular ‘ole kitchen cooking spray. Spread the veggies over top leaving a few inch gap around the outside. Then quarter the tomatoes and place then on top. Seriously look how gorgeous this dish is already!!
Next in a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, oregano and pepper. You can really use any seasoning that you like. Basil or Rosemary would also be a great to try! Mmm! Italian seasonings are my favorite! Pour the mixture over top of the veggies. Make sure they’re all covered!
Place another piece of foil (the same size approximately 24″X12″) on top of the veggies. Fold over the edges a few times to form a packet. Be sure that the edges are sealed tightly. If you stick with me and my blog recipes you’ll be a foil packet wizard by the end of summer! Love those things!!
Place the foil packet on a preheated grill, over medium heat and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are tender. My grill cooks H-O-T so 17 minutes was just about right on the money for our grill. Keep the grill covered throughout cooking.
With oven mitts or heat safe gloves, carefully unfold the edges of the foil packet. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Serve on this lovely foil platter or transfer to a serving dish. There’s nothing better than a plate full of fresh summer veggies!! If you love skipping the dishes as much as I do then you’ve gotta try our Cheesy Grilled Potatoes!
Foil Packet Italian Veggies
- 1 each medium sweet red, yellow, and orange peppers julienned
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 cup fresh green beans
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Step 1 Cut the peppers into thin strips. In a large bowl, combine the peppers, carrots and green beans. Toss to combine.
- Step 2 Roll our a sheet of aluminum foil, think approximately 24″X12″ in size. Spread the veggies over top leaving a few inch gap around the outside. Quarter the tomatoes and place then on top.
- Step 3 In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, oregano and pepper. Pour the mixture over top of the veggies.
- Step 4 Place another piece of foil (the same size approximately 24″X12″) on top of the veggies. Fold over the edges a few times to form a packet. Be sure that the edges are sealed tightly.
- Step 5 Place the foil packet on a preheated grill, over medium heat and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are tender. With oven mitts or heat safe gloves, carefully unfold the edges of the foil packet. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!
I’ll admit it! We jumped on the trend train when it comes to cauliflower. We’ve tried the cauliflower pizza crust, and the breadsticks, and the cauliflower rice. But Smoky Roasted Cauliflower is hands down our favorite way to prepare it! The secret ingredient is smoked […]
The joys of summer! It’s the smell of fresh cut grass on a sunny day. It’s the splish splash of a relaxing pool day. It’s the warm sun on your face. It’s the sound of the ice cream truck coming down the street. It’s the […]
My husband LOVES himself a good classic macaroni salad! Mayo, onion, celery, tuna….there in lies our problem. I hate the smell of tuna! I can eat it if it’s mixed in, but I really don’t like to be around just straight up tuna if I don’t have to be. I will cave and make it for him every once in awhile and for all of the other times, I distract him with this creamy, wonderful, bacon, ranch filled, potato salad recipe. And honestly as the years have passed, he seems to request this one more and more! I would even say that he’s a potato salad guy now! We frequently make it for BBQ’s, graduation parties, Father’s Day celebrations, and even week night summer dinners. The leftovers keep so well (if you have any!).
Here’s all you’ll need: red potatoes, onion, bacon, parsley (not pictured), mayo, parmesan cheese, ranch dressing, mustard, white vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
Rinse and cube potatoes.
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and boil for 10-15 or until tender. You don’t want to cook them for too long, otherwise they will start to mash and fall apart when you’re mixing everything together. So be sure to keep an eye on them!
In a large bowl, combine mayo, parmesan cheese, ranch dressing, mustard, white vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. So creamy! I’ve tried fat free ranch and “healthier” versions of mayo and no one can tell the difference so feel free to lighten this up if you like!
Crumble pre cooked bacon. You can find our easy no mess bacon cooking technique here!
Mince up the parsley. I was about to panic while I was making this recipe. I thought I had forgotten to buy the parsley! Then I remembered we had some planted in our garden!! What a lifesaver! That’s also why it’s not pictured in the ingredients photo. Whoops!
Creamy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 7 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Step 1 In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, combine mayo, parmesan cheese, ranch dressing, mustard, white vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Step 3 Add potatoes and onions. Toss to coat.
- Step 4 Add parsley and bacon to the potato salad mixture. Fold until well combined.
- Step 5 Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour until ready to serve.
Leave us your comments and love down below!