Whether you’re looking to use up that leftover Halloween candy that’s hanging around or brainstorming an epic Thanksgiving spread that will knock everyone’s socks off, Butterfinger Cheesecake fits the bill perfectly. Cheesecake is such an amazing dessert on its own but when you toss in crispy, […]
Tag: candy recipes
Everyone knows the best gifts are the ones that come from the heart. And for me that either means something homemade or you guessed it, a food gift. Dark Chocolate Raspberry Truffles are truly a labor of love. Skip the store bought candy this year […]
Looking for a quick and easy St. Patty’s Day dessert? This Irish Cream Fudge recipe is sure to please! A smooth and creamy fudge, spiked with a little kick of cream liquor. Yum!!!!! This rich and decadent dessert is the perfect balance of coffee and Irish cream. A flavorful treat that is sure to wow you! One taste of this decadent fudge and you’ll see why the Irish (and the Canadians) are so lucky! We fell in love with the Canadian Cream at the Wayne Gretzky Winery & Distillery on our trip to Niagara-on-the-Lake. Right away I knew it would be amazing for this recipe. You can swap out for Bailey’s or your favorite Irish cream liquor. One bite and Irish Cream Fudge will become a new St. Patrick’s Day tradition!
Here’s all you’ll need: butter, sugar, evaporated milk, Irish cream liquor, instant coffee crystals, marshmallow fluff, white chocolate chips, and vanilla extract.
First combine the coffee crystals and cream liquor in a microwave safe container. Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until the coffee crystals dissolve when stirred. Set aside. I couldn’t resist trying a little taste at this point and I was blown away!! New rule: Only drink coffee with Canadian Cream.
Next in a large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt the butter, evaporated milk, sugar and marshmallow fluff over medium heat. Heat until all of the ingredients are melted. The mixture should be smooth and creamy. Irish Cream Fudge is such a splurge but so worth it!!!
Then stir in the cream liquor and coffee mixture. Mmmm!!! This is where all of our flavor comes into play!
After that bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 5 minutes stirring frequently. Take my advice on that big pot recommendation! Or if you’re like me you can white knuckle it and nervously repeat “Please don’t boil over! Please don’t boil over!” while you stir. I like to live on the edge apparently. Spoiler alert! It didn’t boil over but I was definitely pushing the limits on this one!! Big pot! Trust me.
Finally remove from the heat. Stir in the white chocolate chips. The mixture will be thick! Continue to stir until the white chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is silky smooth! A whisk helped to speed this process along.
Lastly pour the mixture into a foil lined 8X8 pan so it’s nice and smooth. Allow the fudge to cool completely to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour until it’s nice and firm. Once you’re sure that it’s completely solid all the way through, lift the foil out of the pan. Cut the fudge into 1 inch squares.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. This Irish Cream Fudge is pretty magical. Just watch it disappear!!!
Irish Cream Fudge
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 Irish cream liquor
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
- 7 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1 pkg white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Step 1 Combine the coffee crystals and cream liquor in a microwave safe container. Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until the coffee crystals dissolve when stirred. Set aside.
- Step 2 Next in a large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt the butter, evaporated milk, sugar and marshmallow fluff over medium heat. Heat until all of the ingredients are melted.
- Step 3 Then stir in the cream liquor and coffee mixture. Bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Step 4 Remove from the heat. Stir in the white chocolate chips. Stir until the white chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Step 5 Pour the fudge mixture into the foil lined pan. Spread evenly until smooth.
- Step 6 Allow the fudge to cool completely to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour until firm. Once it’s completely solid, lift out of container, and cut into 1 inch squares. Stir in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
I’m going to let you in on a little secret…..my hubby is an eggnog freak!!! No he doesn’t do weird things with eggnog……but he IS pretty eggnog obsessed!! He absolutely loves it and cannot get enough. Unfortunately for him, it’s only available for a short […]