Hey Y’all! Soooo….I’m about to change your life right now with S’mores Sandwich Cookies!! You don’t even need a campfire to create this delightful little treat. The cookies on their own are completely amazing so you’re going to have to resist devouring them hot out […]
Tag: christmas cookie recipes
Calling all cinnamon roll lovers!!! Have I got a cookie for you?!? Clear your schedule because you need to put “Bake Mini Cinnamon Roll Cookies” at the top of your to do list. From the very first batch all I could think was WOW…these cookies […]
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Step 1 In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup of butter, 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract and 1/2 cup of confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy.
- Step 2 Whisk together the flour and cornstarch in a medium sized bowl. Gradually add the flour mixture (about 1/2 cup at a time) into the creamed butter mixture until well blended. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- Step 3 Remove the cookie dough from the fridge. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and space them about 2-inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Step 4 Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 9-11 minutes or until the bottoms are light brown. Remove the cookies to wire racks to cool.
- Step 5 FOR THE FROSTING: Melt 2 tablespoon butter in a small microwave safe bowl. Beat in the milk and 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Step 6 Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cup of confectioners’ sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Step 7 Frost cookies and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies. Enjoy!
Christmas is a time for family and love, a time for magic and wonder, a time for…..BAKING!!! We’ve been baking up a storm here at Happylifeblogspot this December and I don’t see it stopping anytime soon. I wanted to share with you one of my […]
There’s nothing like a gingersnap to kick off the holiday season! They make the perfect addition to a Thanksgiving table or a Christmas cookie tray. I love to gift them all by themselves or in a cozy holiday basket. Best served with a nice cup […]
Cookies!!! (Did you hear the Cookie Monster voice? Nope! Just me? Ok!). Everyone needs a classic chocolate chip cookies recipe in their arsenal! After finding this one I’ve honestly never tried another. Really! It’s that good! Big, soft, chewy, chocolatey, baked to perfection cookies. And the best part is I literally ALWAYS have the ingredients on hand. So whenever I need to whip up a last minute dessert THIS is my go to. Plain and simple pantry staples that add up to a delicious and addictive cookie. Try to eat just one! I dare you!
Here’s all you’ll need: butter, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla, and of course chocolate chips.
Scoop by heaping spoonful, roll into balls and place on to a cookie sheet. I used my cookie scoop to keep them nice and uniform. I also like to stagger them and leave plenty of room between cookies. These babies like to spread! Don’t overcrowd them.
Bake in a preheated oven for 15-17 minutes at 325. I always bake on the middle and top racks. Once the edges start to firm up and slightly brown they’re done! Allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for a minute or two. This will firm them up a bit and allow you to take them off with a spatula without any breakage or crumbles.
Here’s a trick I always use when baking cookies! For best results I rotate my baking sheets halfway through. Meaning after cooking for about 7-8 minutes I take the cookie sheet from the middle rack and place it on the top rack and likewise I take the cookies from the top rack and place them on the middle rack. I also rotate them 180 degrees. So the cookies that were in the front are now in the back and vice versa. This allows for a more uniform bake. Unless you have a professional grade oven, your cooking temperature isn’t 100% consistent throughout the entire space. Look at those perfect bottoms!!! They really are the Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter melted (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (1 bag)
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line with parchment paper.
- Step 2 Melt butter in a medium bowl.
- Step 3 Add brown sugar and white sugar to melted butter and mix until well blended.
- Step 4 Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Add the salt, baking soda, and flour and mix on low until just blended.
- Step 5 Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough by the heaping spoonful onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Step 6 Be sure to leave enough room between cookies as they will spread while baking. (I used my largest size cookie sheets and placed 9 cookies per pan.)
- Step 7 Bake 15-17 minutes until edges are slightly browned. Key word slightly!
- Step 8 Cool on cookie sheets for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 9 Remove from cookie sheets and continue to cool. Or dig in!
Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this post!