Why make plain ole mashed cauliflower when you can make Asiago Mashed Cauliflower? This low carb mashed potato alternative is the best mashed cauliflower recipe to try. The secret lies in its ingredients. Tangy cream cheese adds richness and texture while asiago cheese lends comfort […]
Tag: christmas side dish
Elevate any dinner by adding Brandy Glazed Carrots to the menu. You’ll be amazed at the way brandy can transform the same old carrot dish into something quite special. Fresh baby carrots are cooked until tender, simmered in a mixture of honey and butter with […]
I was one of those kids that never liked Brussels Sprouts. Heck I don’t even think I tasted one til I was well into adulthood. Then along came Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts to change my mind. The combination of sweet maple syrup, smokey bacon and crunchy pecans turns this side dish into quite the tasty treat! But it’s not just the flavor that makes this dish a winner, it’s also the cooking method. You’ll find that these sprouts are cooked to absolute perfection; not too crunchy and not at all mushy. Don’t be surprised if you start popping this green veggie like candy. No matter what they’re served with this little green powerhouse will steal the show. I know I’ll be going for seconds!
First things first Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts wouldn’t be as tasty without the bacon. This is not an ingredient that you want to skip! Start by roughly cutting the bacon into chunks. Then add the bacon to a skillet and cook over medium heat until it gets nice and crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet with a slotted spoon and blot it with paper towels to remove any excess grease. Discard any remaining grease in the skillet and wipe clean.Next we’ve gotta wash and trim the Brussels sprouts. Using a knife, slice off the ends and remove any leaves that aren’t quite top notch. We want our sprouts to look as perfect as they’re gonna taste. Cut an “X” into the core of each sprout. No need to go deep, a quarter of an inch will do just fine.
Place 6 Tablespoons of butter into the same skillet. Heat over medium until the butter us melted. Add the Brussels sprouts to the skillet and saute about 4-5 minutes until lightly browned. Give the sprouts a stir once or twice while cooking.
Mix in the chicken broth, pecans, maple syrup, and salt and pepper. I love that this recipe using classic ingredients that you probably already have on hand, but packs such a wallop of flavor. Bring the mixture to a boil. Then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Uncover the skillet and continue to cook and stir for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are tender.
Sprinkle in the bacon and enjoy! Congratulations!! You just cooked up a batch of the most delicious Brussels sprouts that you’ve ever tasted. Maple Bacon Brussels sprouts are simple, they’re delicious, and they’re most definitely a side dish you can feel good about. Wanna make it a meal? Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts pairs perfectly with our Apple Cider Pork Chops or Grilled Spatchcocked Chicken!
Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 10 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Step 1 Roughly cut the bacon into chunks. Add the bacon to a skillet and cook over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon. Blot with a paper towel to remove any excess grease. Discard remaining grease from the skillet and wipe clean.
- Step 2 Wash and trim the Brussels sprouts. Slice off the ends and remove any wilting leaves. Cut an “X” into the core of each sprout, about 1/4 inch deep.
- Step 3 Heat 6 Tablespoons of butter in the same skillet. Add the Brussels sprouts and saute over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir occasionally.
- Step 4 Mix in the chicken broth, pecans, maple syrup, and salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Uncover the skillet and continue to cook and stir for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Step 5 Sprinkle in the bacon and enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below.
Shop this recipe!
Looking for the perfect last minute side to bring to your holiday gathering? Well Tennessee Apple Maple Glazed Green Beans are here to help! Dress up green beans with a delicious maple glaze that’s simple, sweet, and savory. A little splash of Jack Daniels Tennessee […]
Call it stuffing or call it dressing, it really doesn’t matter as long as you call it delicious!!! Stuffing is one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving. Our take on this Traditional Thanksgiving Stuffing is a classic, no frills, anything but basic holiday stuffing recipe. […]
Easy Tuscan Roasted Asparagus is not only the perfect Spring side dish, but also one of our favorite recipes to make year round! Oven roasted and flavored with lemon and garlic this family friendly vegetable is something that everyone can agree on. This simply irresistible side dish is easy to make and cooks up perfectly crisp tender asparagus every time. Pair this quick fix with steak, chicken or fish to instantly give your menu a gourmet feel. Fresh veggies are always a hit in my house!!
Here’s all you’ll need: asparagus, lemon, cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, salt and pepper. Ok so you’re not gonna believe how quick and easy this recipe is to prepare. We’re talking minimal effort! First let’s prepare the vegetables. That means we need to trim the ends off the asparagus and cut the tomatoes in halves. Easy enough! Layer onto a aluminum foil lined baking sheet that’s been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle with pine nuts. I really hate saying the “C” word this time of the year but I LOVE preparing this dish at Christmas because of all the pretty red and green! Next add 1 tablespoon of oil, garlic, salt and pepper to a shake-able Tupperware container with a tight lid. Secure lid and shake it up to combine. Shake it! Shake it like a Polaroid picture!! (if you don’t know what that mean we can no longer be friends). Drizzle over the asparagus and tomatoes and toss to coat. Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until asparagus is crisp tender. Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving platter. Whatever the cooking method, you can always tell when asparagus is ready because the green becomes so much more bright and intense. Grab that Tupperware container again cause pffft!!! Dishes!! Combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Shake to combine. I’m just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake shake, shake. Shake it up!! Shake it up!! Ooh ooh OOHH!! I’m pretty sure Tay Tay wrote that song for this moment! Drizzle the mixture over the veggies. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and grated lemon peel to garnish. I love that asparagus can be served warm or cold and still be absolutely delicious!!! So whatever tickles your fancy!! Grab a plate and dig in!! Pair with our How To Cook The Best Steak Ever and Perfect Baked Potato posts for a truly fabulous meal!!
Easy Tuscan Roasted Asparagus
- 1 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1-1/2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Step 1 Trim the ends off the asparagus and cut the tomatoes into halves. Place onto an aluminum foil covered baking sheet that’s been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Top with pine nuts.
- Step 2 Add 1 tablespoon of oil, garlic, salt and pepper to a with a lid. Secure lid and shake to combine. Drizzle over vegetables. Toss to coat.
- Step 3 Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until asparagus is crisp tender.Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving platter.
- Step 4 Combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a container with a lid. Secure lid and shake to combine. Drizzle over asparagus.
- Step 5 Top with grated Parmesan cheese and grated lemon peel. Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!
Creamy Mixed Vegetable Casserole is a staple on the dinner menu rotation in our house! It’s SOOO good!!! But it’s also SOOO easy!! If you’re tired of all those boring steamed vegetable side, then this recipe is for YOU!! This super versatile side dish goes with […]
I found this wonderful recipe a few years back and have making it as a Christmas side ever since! My family instantly fell in love with it. And I love this recipe too because it’s pretty foolproof! Ricotta gnocchi are lighter, fluffier and much easier […]