Attention all chocolate and peanut butter lovers…I’ve got the recipe of your dreams right here!!! Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are calling your name (and mine too). Chocolate and peanut butter is a combination that I just can’t resist and these soft, chewy, sinfully delicious […]
Tag: <span>family favorite cookies</span>
I’ve never met a cookie that I didn’t like and these Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are no different. I’ve gotta warn you though…they pack a wallop of flavor and are highly addictive. Just like the ones Grandma used to make, this delicious cookie is crispy on […]
Peanut Butter Cookies were my absolute favorite as a kid. So when I grew up and started baking I knew that I needed a fabulous, no fail, peanut butter cookie recipe in my arsenal ASAP!! Well guys, this is that recipe!! These cookies are rich, chewy and soft, and chock full of peanut butter flavor. You’ll never need another recipe after you try this one. Promise! So go ahead and click print right now, laminate this baby, put it in a frame for safe keeping and ditch all those other peanut butter cookies. I’ve been making these delicious cookies year after year and they’re always a hit.
Here’s all you’ll need: butter, butter flavored shortening, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, peanut butter, vanilla extract, flour, baking soda, and salt.
Let’s get this party started! (BTW if you’re having a party and peanut butter cookie are involved I’m totally there!!). In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening (aka Crisco), white sugar and brown sugar. Can’t find the butter flavored shortening? Regular Crisco will work just fine too. Been there, done that, tried both.
Next add the eggs and blend until fully incorporated into the mixture. Then mix in the peanut butter and vanilla until well combined. I am a smooth PB type of gal but if you’re feeling especially “nutty” go ahead and toss in some crunchy. These cookies are so special that I even busted out my KitchenAid mixer! But don’t worry, a hand mixer will work just fine too. I just wanted to be fancy.
Blend in the baking soda and salt next. And then mix in the flour (on a low speed) about a half a cup at a time. The cookie dough will be THICK!!! But that’s how we like it.
In the spirit of keeping these peanut butter cookies perfect, I like to use my cookie scoop to keep them close in size. Scoop cookie dough by the spoonful (into your mouth) onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. I feel like I could write an entire blog post about my love for parchment paper (and maybe someday I will), but for now just know that it will elevate your cookie baking to the next level. Use it.
Once your cookies are scooped, we’ll need to roll them into cute little balls. And….did you notice the spacing? You will most definitely want to give these peanut butter cookies a little room to breathe because they will spread during baking.
Now it’s time to criss cross applesauce! Flatten the cookies with a fork in that traditional criss cross peanut butter cookie manner. I’m all about that classic look!
Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until cookies are set, but not hard. Do not over bake!!! 8 minutes is plenty in my oven, but this is really where you need to hone your technique. Don’t worry! After a couple of tries you’ll have it down. After you remove them from the oven, leave the cookies on the cookie sheet for an additional 2 minutes, where they’ll continue to “bake” from the warmth of the pan. Then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
Seriously…..who could resist a cookie that looks THAT good?!? Not me!! Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies will absolutely be on my Christmas cookie trays this year for all of you that are lucky enough to get one! If you love classic cookie recipes, be sure to try our Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies too!
Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Step 1 In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening, white sugar and brown sugar. Add the eggs and blend until fully incorporated. Mix in the peanut butter and vanilla until combined.
- Step 2 Blend in the baking soda and salt. And then mix in the flour (on a low speed) about a half a cup at a time.
- Step 3 Scoop cookie dough by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Roll each portion into a ball. Flatten with a fork in a criss cross pattern.
- Step 4 Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until cookies are set, but not hard. Do not over bake!!!
- Step 5 Remove from the oven and leave the cookies on the cookie sheet for an additional 2 minutes. Finish cooling on wire racks. Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!
Guys!!! I don’t like to brag but…..I found it!!! These Chewy M&M Cookies are THE HOLY GRAIL of cookies. They’re the best!! Like buttery soft, deliciously chewy, eat the whole dang batch kind of cookies. That’s if you can even get the cookie dough into […]
Soooo….I wasn’t going to release this one til the weekend….BUT, when I found out that it was #NationalPumpkinDay, I couldn’t think of a better time to get this up on the blog! This is a big one for me! This is my BEST pumpkin recipe. […]
Cookies!!! (Did you hear the Cookie Monster voice? Nope! Just me? Ok!). Everyone needs a classic chocolate chip cookies recipe in their arsenal! After finding this one I’ve honestly never tried another. Really! It’s that good! Big, soft, chewy, chocolatey, baked to perfection cookies. And the best part is I literally ALWAYS have the ingredients on hand. So whenever I need to whip up a last minute dessert THIS is my go to. Plain and simple pantry staples that add up to a delicious and addictive cookie. Try to eat just one! I dare you!
Here’s all you’ll need: butter, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla, and of course chocolate chips.
Scoop by heaping spoonful, roll into balls and place on to a cookie sheet. I used my cookie scoop to keep them nice and uniform. I also like to stagger them and leave plenty of room between cookies. These babies like to spread! Don’t overcrowd them.
Bake in a preheated oven for 15-17 minutes at 325. I always bake on the middle and top racks. Once the edges start to firm up and slightly brown they’re done! Allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for a minute or two. This will firm them up a bit and allow you to take them off with a spatula without any breakage or crumbles.
Here’s a trick I always use when baking cookies! For best results I rotate my baking sheets halfway through. Meaning after cooking for about 7-8 minutes I take the cookie sheet from the middle rack and place it on the top rack and likewise I take the cookies from the top rack and place them on the middle rack. I also rotate them 180 degrees. So the cookies that were in the front are now in the back and vice versa. This allows for a more uniform bake. Unless you have a professional grade oven, your cooking temperature isn’t 100% consistent throughout the entire space. Look at those perfect bottoms!!! They really are the Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter melted (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (1 bag)
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line with parchment paper.
- Step 2 Melt butter in a medium bowl.
- Step 3 Add brown sugar and white sugar to melted butter and mix until well blended.
- Step 4 Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Add the salt, baking soda, and flour and mix on low until just blended.
- Step 5 Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough by the heaping spoonful onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Step 6 Be sure to leave enough room between cookies as they will spread while baking. (I used my largest size cookie sheets and placed 9 cookies per pan.)
- Step 7 Bake 15-17 minutes until edges are slightly browned. Key word slightly!
- Step 8 Cool on cookie sheets for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 9 Remove from cookie sheets and continue to cool. Or dig in!
Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this post!