Whether you’re looking to use up that leftover Halloween candy that’s hanging around or brainstorming an epic Thanksgiving spread that will knock everyone’s socks off, Butterfinger Cheesecake fits the bill perfectly. Cheesecake is such an amazing dessert on its own but when you toss in crispy, […]
Tag: <span>fancy dessert ideas</span>
Serve up a little slice of sunshine with our White Chocolate Fruit Tart! As summer heats up it’s only natural to crave juicy fruits and refreshing desserts and this beautiful tart is both. This marvelous dessert is super versatile and perfect for brunch, picnics and […]
What if I told you that you could whip up dessert that looked like it came straight from a restaurant? Well Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastry is all that and more! This elegant dessert combines not one but two kinds of chocolate as well as pecans, and wraps them up ever so nicely in a sugary sweet, flaky pastry puff. And then there’s that easy peasy raspberry sauce for dipping, Please make sure you soak up every last drop cause it’s the definitely the best! Seriously what’s not to like?
Here’s all you’ll need: milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, pecans, frozen puff pastry, frozen raspberries, confectioners’ sugar.
Let’s get rollin’! Combine the milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and pecans in a large bowl. Mix ’em all up! Do you have a serious sweet tooth? Try swapping out the milk chocolate chips for dark chocolate chips.
Next roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to prevent it from sticking. Cut into four 6-inch squares. Forgot to thaw the pastry puff? No problem! Wrap a single sheet in a paper towel and microwave for 15 seconds. Turn it over and microwave for an additional 15 seconds. Still not enough? Continue in 5 second intervals until thawed.
I love this recipe for Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastries because it uses prepackaged ingredients which of course make life so much easier. But you absolutely could use your own homemade puff pastry recipe and share it with me!
Place the pastry squares on a parchment lined baking sheet. As you already know parchment paper is AMAZING, especially when it comes to baking. Parchment paper yields a more even bake and also prevents that pesky sticking to the pan thing.
Add 1/4 cup of the chocolate chip mixture to the center of each pastry square. Lightly brush the edges of the pastry with water, then bring all the edges to the center and pinch to seal. And I mean pinch tightly. You wanna make sure this lil guy is sealed up like Fort Knox.
Bake in a 425 degree preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until the puffs are golden brown. Immediately remove to a wire rack to cool. Remember that sinfully delicious raspberry sauce I was raving about earlier? We can whip that up while our Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastries are baking in the oven. Combine the frozen raspberries and confectioners’ sugar in a food processor. You’ll want to include any juice that forms as the raspberries thaw. This will help the raspberries and confectioners’ sugar to combine. Puree the mixture until the raspberries are completely broken down.
Run the raspberry mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove any seeds. We want the sauce to be nice and smooth with no hard seeds left to bite in to. I find it helpful to run a spoon back and forth against the mesh to force the raspberry sauce through the strainer.
Spread a little bit of raspberry sauce onto a plate. Place the Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastry on top. And if you really wanna go all in over the top fabulous, garnish with additional chocolate chips and raspberries because why not?!? Looking for more sweet treats? Try our Chocolate Lava Cakes for Two or Chocolate Covered Strawberries!
Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastry
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Optional ingredients to garnish: fresh raspberries and additional chocolate and white baking chips
- Step 1 Combine the milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and pecans in a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Step 2 Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut into four 6-inch squares.
- Step 3 Place the pastry squares on a parchment lined baking sheet. Add 1/4 cup of the chocolate chip mixture to the center of each pastry square.
- Step 4 Lightly brush the edges of the pastry with water, then bring all the edges to the center and pinch to seal tightly. Bake in a 425 degree preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until the puffs are golden brown. Immediately remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Step 5 Combine the frozen raspberries and confectioners’ sugar in a food processor to form the raspberry sauce. Puree until all raspberry chunks are broken down. Run the raspberry mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove any seeds.
- Step 6 Spread a little bit of raspberry sauce onto a plate. Place the Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastry on top. Garnish with additional chocolate chips and raspberries if desired. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!
If you’ve mastered our Chocolate Covered Strawberries, then it’s time to kick your decorating skills up a notch with Tuxedo Strawberries!!! Instantly dress up any occasion with this classy little treat. This beautifully decorated dessert is easy to make and sure to impress your guests. You’ll […]