Move over boring side dishes! Grilled Brussels Sprouts are here to steal the show this summer. Brussels sprouts can sometimes get a bad rap but it’s only because most people don’t know how to cook them properly. Grilling or roasting them caramelizes their natural sugars yielding […]
Tag: fathers day recipe
Looking for a fun way to use up some overripe bananas? Well friends, let me introduce you to White Chocolate Banana Cream Truffles! Truffles are an easy dessert to make because they’re no bake. This delicious version is a combination of Golden Oreos and ripe […]
My husband LOVES himself a good classic macaroni salad! Mayo, onion, celery, tuna….there in lies our problem. I hate the smell of tuna! I can eat it if it’s mixed in, but I really don’t like to be around just straight up tuna if I don’t have to be. I will cave and make it for him every once in awhile and for all of the other times, I distract him with this creamy, wonderful, bacon, ranch filled, potato salad recipe. And honestly as the years have passed, he seems to request this one more and more! I would even say that he’s a potato salad guy now! We frequently make it for BBQ’s, graduation parties, Father’s Day celebrations, and even week night summer dinners. The leftovers keep so well (if you have any!).
Here’s all you’ll need: red potatoes, onion, bacon, parsley (not pictured), mayo, parmesan cheese, ranch dressing, mustard, white vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
Rinse and cube potatoes.
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and boil for 10-15 or until tender. You don’t want to cook them for too long, otherwise they will start to mash and fall apart when you’re mixing everything together. So be sure to keep an eye on them!
In a large bowl, combine mayo, parmesan cheese, ranch dressing, mustard, white vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. So creamy! I’ve tried fat free ranch and “healthier” versions of mayo and no one can tell the difference so feel free to lighten this up if you like!
Crumble pre cooked bacon. You can find our easy no mess bacon cooking technique here!
Mince up the parsley. I was about to panic while I was making this recipe. I thought I had forgotten to buy the parsley! Then I remembered we had some planted in our garden!! What a lifesaver! That’s also why it’s not pictured in the ingredients photo. Whoops!
Creamy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 7 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Step 1 In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, combine mayo, parmesan cheese, ranch dressing, mustard, white vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Step 3 Add potatoes and onions. Toss to coat.
- Step 4 Add parsley and bacon to the potato salad mixture. Fold until well combined.
- Step 5 Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour until ready to serve.
Leave us your comments and love down below!