Move over beer brats there’s a new kid in town! Root Beer Brats are not only delicious but they are so easy to prepare. And since they’re made with root beer rather than beer, they’re family friendly too. Slow-cooking in a sweet root beer marinade […]
Tag: fourth of july recipes
If you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain…..then you’ll LOVE this cake!!! Pina Colada Cake is moist, delicious, and loaded with the same tropical goodness as the popular summer drink. Now you can sip your favorite drink and eat it too. This […]
I’m pretty sure S’mores are the official dessert of Summer. Well if you like S’mores then you’re gonna flip out over S’mores bars!! These deliciously decadent bars taste just like S’mores but without all the mess. Heck, you can even skip the bon fire which means you can make them all year round. No excuses! We start with a layer of graham cracker goodness, followed by loads of chocolatey chunks, topped with ooey, gooey marshmallow creme and more graham cracker crumbles. If you’re a sucker for sweets then you ought to know this dessert is seriously addictive!!! No, for real. S’mores Bars will leave you drooling and craving more. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya!
Here’s all you’ll need: butter, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, flour, graham crackers, baking powder, salt, milk chocolate candy bars, and marshmallow fluff.
S’mores Bars were an instant hit in my house, so let’s get started on this ASAP so you can enjoy them too! Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and cream with a mixer until light and fluffy. You’ll want the butter to be a little bit soft so it’s easier to mix. You can leave it on the counter for a bit to soften, or if you’re like me you can “cheat” and nuke it in the microwave for about 15 seconds. A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do!
Next beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Just a teaspoon will do ya! Blend on a low speed until the egg is fully incorporated.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. You can use a food processor to make the graham cracker crumbs or if you’re in a pinch, put them in a ziplock bag and crush away by hand. About 6 full size graham crackers should get you right around 3/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs.
Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Mix well. This delicious batter will serve as both graham cracker layers. So be sure to set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture (for our top layer).
Press the remaining graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a 9X9″ baking pan. You can grease with cooking spray, but I find that lining with parchment paper helps these sticky bars to pull right out of the pan. Press the chocolate bars into the crust, then spread the marshmallow creme over top. If you find that marshmallow creme is too sticky to work with, you can nuke it in the microwave to make it easier to spread.
And lastly, grab that reserved graham cracker mixture from earlier and crumble it over the top. Go ahead. Just sprinkle it right on there. You really can’t mess this part up! Bake in a 350 degree, preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the graham cracker topping is golden brown. Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack then cut into bars.
Gimme gimme S’more! Gimme S’more, gimme gimme S’more! What’s your favorite part of S’mores, the graham crackers, the chocolate, the marshmallows, or all three? If you love S’mores Bars then you better put our Cookie and Cream Rice Krispies Treats on your to do list!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 6 full-size crackers)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each / regular sized candy bars)
- 1 cup marshmallow creme (Fluff)
- Step 1 Add the softened butter and sugar to a large bowl and cream with a mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Step 2 In a separate bowl, combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Mix well. **Set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture (for our top layer).**
- Step 3 Line a 9X9″ baking dish with parchment paper. Press the remaining graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Step 4 Press the chocolate bars into the crust, then spread the marshmallow creme over top. Crumble the reserved graham cracker mixture over top.
- Step 5 Bake in a 350 degree, preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the graham cracker topping is golden brown. Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack then cut into bars. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below.
Shop this recipe!
Have you ever tried making your own barbecue sauce? Well it’s easier than you think! Rhubarb-b-q Chicken Drumsticks are the perfect place to start. Fresh rhubarb and apricot preserves pair perfectly to create this surprising and unique flavor profile. It’s tangy and sweet, with just […]
Summer BBQ season is finally here and we’re loving every minute of it! Aren’t summer foods just the best?!? Today I wanted to share with you a must have side dish for summertime picnics, potlucks, barbecues and get togethers, Slow-Cooked German Potato Salad. My German […]
Watermelon Cucumber Salad is the salad I’ve been missing all my life! Our garden is overflowing with cucumbers right about now and my hubby is. In. His. Glory!! But I’m not the type to just sit there and munch on a plain cucumber all on its own. It’s just too boring for me. I’m all about flavor!! And this juicy, refreshing salad is just bursting with it. Watermelon Cucumber Salad is a unique combination that’s the perfect balance of both sweet and savory. This gorgeous salad is made with just a few fresh and simple ingredients. No garbage, just good stuff, so you won’t feel guilty about loading up on this one. And it makes eating all those cucumbers so much more enjoyable. Hurry and grab a watermelon before summer’s gone! Definitely my new favorite way to eat cucumbers!
Here’s all you’ll need: seedless watermelon, cucumber, green onions, fresh mint, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
First off….did you notice how my cucumber’s almost as big as the watermelon??? Well not quite…but we sure got some monsters this year! Start by cutting the cucumber in half lengthwise, then slice away. You’ll end up with a bunch of bitesize half circles. Or in this case, gigantic, mouthful sized half circles.
Next cube the watermelon, mince up that mint, and slice some green onions. Toss it all in a large bowl and mix to combine. Oooh…..It’s starting to look so pretty already!! This colorful salad is definitely a showstopper!! And that fresh mint makes it smell AHHH-mazing!!!
In a separate container, mix up the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. It’s best to use a container with a resealable lid. Triple check that the lid is sealed, shake it up and you’ve got yourself a delicious dressing. You could also swap out with a flavored balsamic vinegar or olive oil to take it to the next level!
Drizzle your homemade dressing over the salad like the boss that you are and we’re done! Watermelon Cucumber Salad is best served fresh. Don’t worry! You’re gonna wanna eat it right away!! This salad is so easy to make and comes together in moments notice. It’s the perfect last minute addition. No excuses on why you can’t bring a dish to that Labor Day potluck this year!!
So fresh! So delicious!! Watermelon Cucumber Salad I think I’m in love with you!!! You will be too. If you love easy recipes and fresh flavors then you’ve gotta try our Colorful Caprese Salad Kebabs.
Watermelon Cucumber Salad
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 English cucumbers, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/8 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Step 1 Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise, then slice into half circles. Cube the watermelon into bitesize pieces, slice the green onions, and mince the mint. Add to a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Step 2 In a separate bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well to make a dressing.
- Step 3 Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately. Refrigerate covered for up to two hours. Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this post!
Sangria is kind of my thing! I’ve been absolutely addicted to this Sweet Strawberry Basil Sangria and have been playing it on repeat for quite some time now. Sooo… I thought I’d shake things up a bit with something new. But not too much…still on that […]
Are you ready for a macaroni salad with a twist? Tired of bringing the same old boring salads to parties and potlucks? Prepare to be amazed by our Sweet and Tangy Macaroni Salad! This super creamy salad is like nothing you’ve ever tasted. It’s one […]
We make my famous Red, White, and Berry Fruit Pizza every Fourth of July. And sometimes on Memorial Day. And Labor Day. And whenever berries go on sale. And even on just because days. It’s so good that I promise you will never get sick of it! Everyone I’ve served this delicious dessert to absolutely loves it!! It’s super simple yet SOOOOO delicious! Cookie crust, cream cheese frosting, LOADS of fresh fruit and you can literally pick it up in your hand and eat it like a pizza!! Up top!! Don’t let the fancy pants star in the middle scare you off either. This eye-catching dessert really is a cinch to decorate. I mean all you really need to be able to do is cut up a few strawberries. You can totally handle that!
Here’s all you’ll need: Sugar cookie dough, cream cheese, sugar, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and almond extract.
Press sugar cookie dough into a greased pizza pan. To grease I just sprayed this with cooking spray. It helps it the cookie dough is out of the fridge and a little bit softer beforehand. Makes it easier to squish it around!
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cookie is baked all the way through. My cookie creeped up around the edges a little bit. I like it that way because it gives you a nice crust to hold on to!
In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and almond extract until smooth. It’s starting to look like a nice little cream cheese frosting! And we all know how I feel about cream cheese frosting….Heaven….on….Earth! Don’t forget to lick the beaters! We can’t let any of this go to waste!!
Spread this glorious mixture over the cookie crust leaving about a 1 inch edge. I’m telling ya, you’re going to love having that little handle! Don’t worry if you’re not an expert froster. We’re going to cover most of it up with fruit!
Next add a pattern of blueberries and raspberries around the outside border. I tried to go two blueberries to one raspberry. Just blueberries would be super cute too if you want to keep it simple. Can you see it starting to come together?
Refrigerate until serving. Cut into slices and enjoy! Eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner until completely gone! I would never (always!!) do that!! If you love this recipe try our Berry Delicious Belgian Waffles!
Red, White, and Berry Fruit Pizza
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- Step 1 Press cookie dough into a greased pizza pan. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Step 2 In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and almond extract until smooth. Spread onto cookie crust leaving an inch around the outside.
- Step 3 Arrange blueberries in the shape of a star. Add raspberries to all five corners of the star. Place blueberries and raspberries around the outside to form a border.
- Step 4 Place a large strawberry in the middle of the star. Cut two strawberries in half and layer around the middle strawberry. Quarter strawberries and arrange around the base of star until all white spots are covered.
- Step 5 Refrigerate until serving. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!