Looking to shake things up a bit? Peach Mango Caprese Salad offers a lovely twist on the classic tomato and mozzarella dish. Caprese Salad fans will absolutely adore this lil bowl full of summer. The perfect bite holds wonderfully ripe peaches, juicy mango, tangy tomatoes, […]
Tag: <span>fresh tomato recipes</span>
Gimme a “B”…..Gimme an “L”…..Gimme a “T”. What’s that spell??? Well, the BEST sandwich of summer of course!!! I’ve gotta admit that Cornbread Waffle BLT Sandwiches took me by surprise. Waffles and BLT’s might not seem like the obvious pair, but oh my goodness they […]
It’s that time of the year when tomatoes taste best so you’re gonna wanna add this next recipe into your dinner rotation right away! Bruschetta Chicken is an end of summer staple in my house. This relatively simple dish is a spectacular way to fancy up a weeknight dinner. You could even pre-make the bruschetta to save a little prep time. Keep it healthy and serve alongside a salad or green beans or make it hearty with a little pasta. You really can’t go wrong. You’re gonna love the perfect balance of tomatoes, garlic and chicken in every bite.
Here’s all you’ll need:flour, eggs, chicken, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, butter, tomatoes, fresh basil, olive oil, garlic cloves, salt and pepper.
Start by placing the flour in a shallow bowl. Place the eggs in a separate bowl and lightly beat. Ok so full disclosure, the only thing that I don’t like about Bruschetta Chicken is that you’re going to use a lot of bowls. But it’s so worth it!!
Dip the chicken first in flour and then in the eggs. Make sure you get it all covered! Then place the chicken in a lightly greased 13X9 baking dish.
Next in a small microwave safe dish, melt the butter. Mix in the Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs and stir to combine. Bruschetta Chicken is strategically layered with so much flavor. You’re going to be floored by the first bite!
Spread the topping evenly over the chicken breasts. Loosely cover the baking dish with foil. Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, as that delicious chicken is cooking, you can whip up the best part…..the Bruschetta topping! Seed the tomatoes and chop into bitesize pieces and place them in a small bowl. Mince up some fresh basil and add it to the tomatoes. Toss in some minced garlic, salt and pepper and stir it all up. Voila! A quick and easy bruschetta!
Spoon the bruschetta topping over the chicken and bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes. All the best flavors of bruschetta layered on top of a juicy chicken breast! Yum!!
Bruschetta lovers rejoice!! Now your favorite appetizer can actually be the whole meal! I’ll meet ya at the dinner table. If you can’t get enough of these wonderful flavors, then you simply MUST try our Best Ever Bruschetta recipe too!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Step 1 Add the flour and eggs to two separate bowls. Lightly beat the eggs.
- Step 2 Dip the chicken first in flour and then in the eggs. Place the chicken in a lightly greased 13X9 baking dish.
- Step 3 Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Spread the topping evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Step 4 Loosely cover the baking dish with foil. Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes.
- Step 5 Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, minced basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon the bruschetta topping over the chicken and bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below.
Shop this recipe!
It’s that time of the year again! Our garden is bursting with fresh veggies and all of a sudden we’re like….how are we gonna eat all this??? Right now I’ve got boat loads of tomatoes on my hands. And you know I’ve already made batch […]
We hosted a Memorial Day picnic last Monday for my family. It was so much fun and all that cooking and BBQ-ing got me amped up to grill out….All. Summer. Long! Well that and maybe the fact that we had a little stretch of almost […]