Gimme a “B”…..Gimme an “L”…..Gimme a “T”. What’s that spell??? Well, the BEST sandwich of summer of course!!! I’ve gotta admit that Cornbread Waffle BLT Sandwiches took me by surprise. Waffles and BLT’s might not seem like the obvious pair, but oh my goodness they […]
Tag: <span>game day food</span>
If Spinach Artichoke Dip is involved then you can count me in people! It’s pretty much one of my main weaknesses. I just can’t say no to this luscious, creamy, absolutely delicious dip. I’ve tried all the recipes, the restaurant knock offs, the crockpot versions, […]
I know you’ve been waiting for this post all week! It’s my very FIRST recipe made in a pressure cooker!! Are you excited? I’m excited because it actually worked!! YAAAAYYYYY!!!!!! When Cosori asked me to test out their 6-Quart Premium Pressure Cooker I knew that I had to start with an easy recipe. Like something that would be totally foolproof. This Pressure Cooker Cheddar Bacon Beer Dip is the perfect recipe to get your feet wet. This creamy, luscious, totally irresistible dip will be the life of your next party. It’s over the top cheesy, bacon-y, and loaded with lots of beer flavor of course. It pairs amazingly with our Beer Pretzels, but you could also use toasted bread, chips, veggies, or just about anything for dipping. I think I’ve found our new go to snack for Game Day!!!
Here’s all you’ll need: cream cheese, sour cream, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, beer, bacon, cheddar cheese, heavy whipping cream, green onions, and Beer Pretzels for dipping.
First let’s cook and crumble the bacon. I love this No Mess Bacon method! It’s my go to every. dang. time. This recipe calls for ALOT of bacon but isn’t that how you know it’s going to be good?!? I mean what would Cheddar Bacon Beer Dip really be without the bacon? Oh and before I forget, you’re gonna wanna set aside about 2 tablespoons of that bacon to garnish.
Then combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mustard and garlic in a greased pressure cooker. Beat with a hand blender until well combined. Yup! You can mix it all up right in the pot. That’s actually my favorite thing about pressure cooking so far, every recipe feels like a one pan wonder.
Next stir in the beer and the bacon (but not the two tablespoons that we set aside). We always use Bud Light cause that’s how we roll, but any ale will work just fine. Just stay away from dark varieties. Secure and lock the lid to the pressure cooker ensuring that the steam vent is closed. Select the manual function, adjust the pressure to medium, and set the cook timer for 5 minutes. Seriously isn’t this so easy??? Meanwhile you might as well slice up those green onions because I mean there’s really nothing else to do!
When cooking is finished, use the quick-release pressure valve and release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions. I always wear an oven mitt for this part. Safety first! Select the saute setting and adjust the temp to normal heat (about 250-275 degrees). Add the cheese and heavy cream. Mmm!! SO Cheesy!!!
Cook and stir for about 5 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and the mixture has thickened slightly. I still can’t believe we’re doing all this in one pot. We literally have one pot, a spatula and some mixing beaters to clean. How is this even possible???
Top with reserved bacon and sliced green onions. Serve warm and dig in already!! Those Beer Pretzels are calling my name!! If you’re hosting a party, you might wanna double this one!! Wanna try your hand at another pressure cooker recipe? Try our Pressure Cooker Beef Tips!
Pressure Cooker Cheddar Bacon Beer Dip
- 18 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup beer
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Beer Pretzels, toasted bread, chips, veggies, or something to dip!
- Step 1 Cook and crumble the bacon. Reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish.
- Step 2 Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mustard and garlic in a greased pressure cooker. Beat with a hand blender until well combined.
- Step 3 Next stir in the beer and the bacon (but not the two tablespoons that we set aside). Secure and lock the lid to the pressure cooker ensuring that the steam vent is closed. Select the manual function, adjust the pressure to medium, and set the cook timer for 5 minutes.
- Step 4 When cooking is finished, use the quick-release pressure valve and release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions. Select the saute setting and adjust the temp to normal heat (about 250-275 degrees). Add the cheese and heavy cream.
- Step 5 Cook and stir for about 5 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Step 6 Top with reserved bacon and sliced green onions. Serve warm and enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below.
Shop this recipe!
Ok so is it Soup-er Bowl or Super Bowl??? Either way I’m ready!! Happy Sunday Everyone!! The big game is finally here and we’ve got one more husband approved, game winning recipe to share with you. Cheeseburger Soup is a winter favorite in our house. […]
Soooo….you know I love me a good no bake last minute recipe! With the Super Bowl less than a week away, I wanted to bring you this super easy, super delicious party snack. Just because a recipe comes together quickly doesn’t mean it can’t be […]
It’s no secret that I love ALL things pizza!! I’ll take it in any way, shape or form….JUST GIMME ALL THE PIZZA!!!! No really. All that gooey, cheesy goodness gives me heart eyes. And our Cheesy Pizza Dip is no exception! It’s the perfect party app to serve on game day and a must make for your Super Bowl party. Heck! This super easy dip is the best way to get ANY party started! Did I mention it can be prepped ahead of time too? Toss it in the oven when your guests arrive and it’s ready in no time. Don’t be surprised when it disappears before kickoff. For real….you better go try some before it’s gone!
Here’s all you’ll need: cream cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, shredded mozzarella, shredded cheddar, pizza sauce, chopped green pepper, chopped red pepper, and tortilla chips for serving.
In a small bowl combine the softened cream cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Mix with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. I’m so not one of those people that has my cream cheese softened ahead of time. I just can’t get my act together like that! 30 seconds in the microwave will do the trick!
Grease a pie plate with cooking spray. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly into the bottom of the pie plate. I know what you’re thinking…pizza with no crust?!? But trust me!! Cheesy Pizza Dip is delicious even sans crust! You won’t even miss it.
Combine the cheeses. Mix em up really good. Now sprinkle half of the cheese mixture on top of the cream cheese. I’m pretty sure I couldn’t live without cheese! The loves in my life are like Hubby…Puppies….Cheese!!! And not necessarily in that order.
Spoon pizza sauce over top of the cheese. Spread evenly to cover.
Then top with green and red peppers. Or skip it for all you picky eaters out there! It’ll still be pretty yummy even without them. I’ve even made this with peppers only on half to accommodate different tastes. But I’m all for both kinds. Load it up!
Sprinkle with the remaining cheese to cover. Cause you can never have enough cheese!!!
Bake Cheesy Pizza Dip uncovered in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Tostitos make the best dippers! You know the scoop kind so you can get a nice heaping spoonful in your chip. This also goes well with breadsticks or toasted baguette rounds. Bonus points for the best cheese pull!! In need of some more great party apps? Check out our Spinach Artichoke Dip or Pizza Pinwheels!
Cheesy Pizza Dip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- Tortilla chips or breadsticks for serving
- Step 1 In a small bowl combine the softened cream cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Mix with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Step 2 Grease a pie plate with cooking spray. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly into the bottom of the pie plate.
- Step 3 Combine the cheeses. Sprinkle half the cheese over the cream cheese mixture.
- Step 4 Spoon pizza sauce on top of cheese. Top with green and red peppers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Step 5 Bake uncovered in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips or breadsticks. Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Alright people! With Super Bowl Sunday fast approaching, it’s time to get your head in the game! It doesn’t matter which side you’re on. I don’t care if you love the Patriots or hate em. We’ve got more important things to talk about right now….like…..THE […]
Calling all beer lovers!! I’ve got the perfect soup for you…..Beer….Cheese….Soup!! This soup is so creamy and decadent that it almost feels like a sham to call it a soup. It’s filled with so much cheesy goodness, not to be upstaged by all that beer […]