I was one of those kids that never liked Brussels Sprouts. Heck I don’t even think I tasted one til I was well into adulthood. Then along came Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts to change my mind. The combination of sweet maple syrup, smokey bacon and […]
Tag: <span>healthy cooking</span>
If you like sweet potato fries, then you’ll love Grilled Sweet Potatoes! I’ve always been a sweet potato fan whether they’re fried, baked or all dolled up in a holiday casserole, but grilling them puts it on a whole new level for me. Grilling not […]
Fire up the grill cause this next recipe is a keeper! Grilled Chicken with Peach-Cucumber Salsa is my favorite recipe of summer so far. I love that it’s not only ridiculously easy to make, it’s also low calorie and low carb. And since it cooks on the grill, it keeps my kitchen cool. This healthy recipe uses minimal ingredients but is absolutely bursting with flavor. Fresh, seasonal produce helps to make it budget friendly too! Pick the cucumbers straight from your garden or swing by a local farmers market where you’ll find lots of ’em right now (and peaches too). Grilled Chicken with Peach-Cucumber Salsa is the perfect end of summer meal.
Here’s all you’ll need: peaches, cucumber, peach preserves, red onion, fresh mint, chicken, salt and pepper.
This wonderful salsa can even be prepped ahead of time. Peel and chop those peaches. We left the skin on the cucumber, but you could peel those as well if you like. Either way, go ahead and chop them up. You’ll want to dice that red pepper so it’s teeny tiny which helps it blend well into the dish. And we’ll need the fresh mint minced.
The addition of fresh mint gives this light salsa such a refreshing flavor. Don’t skip it! Toss all of our prepped ingredients into a small bowl, along with the peach preserves and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Mix well to combine. Annnnndddd……all of our prep work is done! Seriously how simple was that?!? I wish all dinner recipes were this easy. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Now for that grilled chicken. We’re keeping it basic because we want all the flavors of that amazing salsa to shine through. So all we need to do is add a little bit of salt and pepper to our chicken breasts. Grill the chicken, covered, on a lightly greased grill rack for 5 minutes. Turn and grill for an additional 7-9 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
Remove the chicken from the grill and top with our Peach-Cucumber Salsa. I know you can’t wait to dig in! If you loved this recipe, be sure to try our Bruschetta Chicken next!
Grilled Chicken with Peach-Cucumber SalsaAugust 13, 2019: 4 servings: Easy
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 tablespoons peach preserves
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Step 1 Peel and chop peaches. Chop the cucumber, finely chop red onion, and mince fresh mint.
- Step 2 Toss all of our prepped ingredients into a small bowl, along with the peach preserves and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mix well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Step 3 Salt and pepper the chicken breast. Grill the chicken, covered, on a lightly greased grill rack for 5 minutes. Turn and grill for an additional 7-9 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Step 4 Remove the chicken from the grill and top with our Peach-Cucumber Salsa. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!