Easy Artichoke Bread makes a great snack for game day, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday…or really any day for that matter. This crusty French bread is rich, creamy, and super cheesy or in other words everything you would want an indulgent snack to be! It can be […]
Tag: hot appetizers
Broccoli Cheese Spread is such a simple recipe but it’s so amazingly good. You absolutely need this quick and easy appetizer recipe in your arsenal. I mean could there be a more classic combination than broccoli and cheese? I don’t think so! Just try it […]
If you’ve never made Pizza Pinwheels then you’re truly missing out! This bitesize, crowd pleasing appetizer is totally irresistible, super easy to make and tastes just like pizza. Loads of pepperoni and mozzarella are wrapped up inside a tender, flaky crescent dough crust. These mini pizzas are fun to eat, extremely dippable, and 100% kid approved. And did you notice there’s only 5 ingredients? I mean c’mon!! Perfect for game day, after school snacking and just about everything in between. You’ll be making this one again and again!
Here’s all you’ll need: pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, oregano, an egg, and crescent rolls.
Let’s get rolling! First we need to dice up that pepperoni into itty bitty pieces. Short on time? Try pepperoni minis instead! As if this recipe couldn’t get an easier.
In a small bowl, combine the diced pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, oregano, and the egg yolk. Only the yolk. Make sure to save the egg white! We’ll be using it a little later.
Next pop the top on that crescent dough and try not to jump! I know, I know. It’s near impossible. Unroll the crescent roll dough and pinch the seams closed to form one big piece.
Then spread the cheese and pepperoni mixture over top to within 1/4″ of the edges. Because what’s a pizza without loads of pepperoni and cheese??? I love this recipe because it’s really versatile. Switching up the cheese and fillings can give it a fun twist. Diced ham and cheddar would be a perfect pair! The possibilities are really endless!! Mmm mmm.
Time to get rollin’! Starting with the shortest side, roll up the dough jelly-roll style. This is how we get that amazing spiral. Pinch the seam closed to seal. Place the roll on a cutting board and cut into 12 equal sized slices. I start by cutting the roll in half. Then cut both of those halves in half. Then cut each one of those pieces into thirds. This helps to keep all my slices nice and uniform.
Place the slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The parchment paper is so clutch here!! You know I love it but in this case it’s seriously a MUST! The melty cheesy goodness on the inside will easily stick to the pan and no one wants that. Oh and remember that egg white we set aside earlier? Well now’s the time to use it. Lightly beat the egg white and then brush it over the tops of the pizza pinwheels.
Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Serve warm with marinara sauce or Ranch if you’re crazy like that and watch them disappear. No seriously, you better grab one for yourself!
Look at that spiral though! That bubbly, delicious cheese gets me ever time. It’s always a good time for Pizza Pinwheels!! And if you haven’t discovered our Cheesy Pizza Dip yet, you’re gonna wanna put that one on the list, like, ASAP.
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Step 1 In a small bowl, combine the diced pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, oregano, and the egg yolk. (Set the egg white aside for later)
- Step 2 Unroll the crescent roll dough and pinch the seams closed to form one big piece. Spread the cheese and pepperoni mixture over top to within 1/4″ of the edges.
- Step 3 Starting with the shortest side, roll up the dough jelly-roll style. Pinch the seam closed to seal. Cut the roll into 12 equal sized slices.
- Step 4 Place the slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly beat the egg white and then brush it over the tops of the pizza pinwheels.
- Step 5 Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Serve warm with marinara sauce. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!
Our Ham and Cheese Bites make the cutest lil appetizer ever! This tasty bitesize snack works great for Easter brunch and doubles as a wonderful appetizer for Easter dinner too. They’re also perfect for after school snacking. Little fingers won’t be able to resist this […]
Typically March Madness means I’m outraged because I’m SO. Over. This. Snow!!! But this year’s a little different. We’re all about basketball right now here in Buffalo. Our hometown team, the University at Buffalo, pulled off a huge upset! If you know Buffalo sports, you know that […]
It’s no secret that I love ALL things pizza!! I’ll take it in any way, shape or form….JUST GIMME ALL THE PIZZA!!!! No really. All that gooey, cheesy goodness gives me heart eyes. And our Cheesy Pizza Dip is no exception! It’s the perfect party app to serve on game day and a must make for your Super Bowl party. Heck! This super easy dip is the best way to get ANY party started! Did I mention it can be prepped ahead of time too? Toss it in the oven when your guests arrive and it’s ready in no time. Don’t be surprised when it disappears before kickoff. For real….you better go try some before it’s gone!
Here’s all you’ll need: cream cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, shredded mozzarella, shredded cheddar, pizza sauce, chopped green pepper, chopped red pepper, and tortilla chips for serving.
In a small bowl combine the softened cream cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Mix with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. I’m so not one of those people that has my cream cheese softened ahead of time. I just can’t get my act together like that! 30 seconds in the microwave will do the trick!
Grease a pie plate with cooking spray. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly into the bottom of the pie plate. I know what you’re thinking…pizza with no crust?!? But trust me!! Cheesy Pizza Dip is delicious even sans crust! You won’t even miss it.
Combine the cheeses. Mix em up really good. Now sprinkle half of the cheese mixture on top of the cream cheese. I’m pretty sure I couldn’t live without cheese! The loves in my life are like Hubby…Puppies….Cheese!!! And not necessarily in that order.
Spoon pizza sauce over top of the cheese. Spread evenly to cover.
Then top with green and red peppers. Or skip it for all you picky eaters out there! It’ll still be pretty yummy even without them. I’ve even made this with peppers only on half to accommodate different tastes. But I’m all for both kinds. Load it up!
Sprinkle with the remaining cheese to cover. Cause you can never have enough cheese!!!
Bake Cheesy Pizza Dip uncovered in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Tostitos make the best dippers! You know the scoop kind so you can get a nice heaping spoonful in your chip. This also goes well with breadsticks or toasted baguette rounds. Bonus points for the best cheese pull!! In need of some more great party apps? Check out our Spinach Artichoke Dip or Pizza Pinwheels!
Cheesy Pizza Dip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- Tortilla chips or breadsticks for serving
- Step 1 In a small bowl combine the softened cream cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Mix with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Step 2 Grease a pie plate with cooking spray. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly into the bottom of the pie plate.
- Step 3 Combine the cheeses. Sprinkle half the cheese over the cream cheese mixture.
- Step 4 Spoon pizza sauce on top of cheese. Top with green and red peppers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Step 5 Bake uncovered in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips or breadsticks. Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Is it just me or does it feel like once December 1st hits on the calendar, time actually speeds up??? I swear I blink and suddenly it’s Christmas Eve! Maybe it’s the millions of things I have to do from now until then. Or maybe […]