If Spinach Artichoke Dip is involved then you can count me in people! It’s pretty much one of my main weaknesses. I just can’t say no to this luscious, creamy, absolutely delicious dip. I’ve tried all the recipes, the restaurant knock offs, the crockpot versions, […]
Tag: low carb recipes
It’s that time of the year when tomatoes taste best so you’re gonna wanna add this next recipe into your dinner rotation right away! Bruschetta Chicken is an end of summer staple in my house. This relatively simple dish is a spectacular way to fancy […]
Watermelon Cucumber Salad is the salad I’ve been missing all my life! Our garden is overflowing with cucumbers right about now and my hubby is. In. His. Glory!! But I’m not the type to just sit there and munch on a plain cucumber all on its own. It’s just too boring for me. I’m all about flavor!! And this juicy, refreshing salad is just bursting with it. Watermelon Cucumber Salad is a unique combination that’s the perfect balance of both sweet and savory. This gorgeous salad is made with just a few fresh and simple ingredients. No garbage, just good stuff, so you won’t feel guilty about loading up on this one. And it makes eating all those cucumbers so much more enjoyable. Hurry and grab a watermelon before summer’s gone! Definitely my new favorite way to eat cucumbers!
Here’s all you’ll need: seedless watermelon, cucumber, green onions, fresh mint, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
First off….did you notice how my cucumber’s almost as big as the watermelon??? Well not quite…but we sure got some monsters this year! Start by cutting the cucumber in half lengthwise, then slice away. You’ll end up with a bunch of bitesize half circles. Or in this case, gigantic, mouthful sized half circles.
Next cube the watermelon, mince up that mint, and slice some green onions. Toss it all in a large bowl and mix to combine. Oooh…..It’s starting to look so pretty already!! This colorful salad is definitely a showstopper!! And that fresh mint makes it smell AHHH-mazing!!!
In a separate container, mix up the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. It’s best to use a container with a resealable lid. Triple check that the lid is sealed, shake it up and you’ve got yourself a delicious dressing. You could also swap out with a flavored balsamic vinegar or olive oil to take it to the next level!
Drizzle your homemade dressing over the salad like the boss that you are and we’re done! Watermelon Cucumber Salad is best served fresh. Don’t worry! You’re gonna wanna eat it right away!! This salad is so easy to make and comes together in moments notice. It’s the perfect last minute addition. No excuses on why you can’t bring a dish to that Labor Day potluck this year!!
So fresh! So delicious!! Watermelon Cucumber Salad I think I’m in love with you!!! You will be too. If you love easy recipes and fresh flavors then you’ve gotta try our Colorful Caprese Salad Kebabs.
Watermelon Cucumber Salad
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 English cucumbers, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/8 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Step 1 Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise, then slice into half circles. Cube the watermelon into bitesize pieces, slice the green onions, and mince the mint. Add to a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Step 2 In a separate bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well to make a dressing.
- Step 3 Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately. Refrigerate covered for up to two hours. Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this post!
Easy Tuscan Roasted Asparagus is not only the perfect Spring side dish, but also one of our favorite recipes to make year round! Oven roasted and flavored with lemon and garlic this family friendly vegetable is something that everyone can agree on. This simply irresistible […]
I’ll admit it! We jumped on the trend train when it comes to cauliflower. We’ve tried the cauliflower pizza crust, and the breadsticks, and the cauliflower rice. But Smoky Roasted Cauliflower is hands down our favorite way to prepare it! The secret ingredient is smoked […]
By this time of the year I’m kind of over zucchini bread, zucchini cake, zucchini muffins, and all of the other zucchini sweet treats. Don’t get me wrong! I’ve had my share of it and it was all delicious!!! But literally everyone and their brother is making that stuff nonstop. It’s everywhere you turn! It’s like you can’t escape it! Muahaahaaa!! (evil laugh) After about one round of each I’m like ok, that’s enough, what’s next?!? Enter Pizza Zucchini Casserole!!! This zucchini recipe is an instant stand out. Oh and did I mention it tastes like pizza minus the carbs! That means your kids and your husband will love it too and totally forget about all the veggies hidden inside! In a world full of zucchini bread, be a pizza zucchini casserole!
Here’s all you’ll need: zucchini, red pepper, green pepper, onion, ground beef, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, tomato sauce, and salt.
Let’s start by shredding the zucchini. No need to peel. We just ran this through a grater. Place in a colander, sprinkle with salt, and allow zucchini to sit for 10 minutes. This will help to take out some of the moisture.
In a large bowl, combine 1 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup cheddar, and parmesan cheeses, along with the eggs. It’s not easy being cheesy!!
Squeeze excess moisture out of the zucchini. Just grab handfuls of zucchini, pretend you’re the Incredible Hulk and squeeze it as hard as you can over the sink. This will remove all of the liquid. Add zucchini to the cheese mixture. Mix it all together with a spoon.
Chop up the green and red peppers. Chop it like its HOT! Chop it like its HOT!! I promise you my recipes will NEVER have hot peppers….cause I’m a wimp like that.
SOOOOO delicious!! And you won’t feel guilty about going for seconds!!
Pizza Zucchini Casserole
- 4 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 1 medium green, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- Step 1 Shred zucchini. Place in a colander, sprinkle with salt, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, combine 1 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup cheddar, and parmesan cheeses, and eggs.
- Step 3 Squeeze excess moisture out of the zucchini. Add zucchini to the cheese mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Step 4 Grease a 13X9 baking dish. Press zucchini into the bottom of the dish. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes in a 400 degree preheated oven.
- Step 5 Cook ground beef and onion in a stovetop skillet until no longer pink. Crumble beef and drain. Stir in tomato sauce. Spoon over zucchini mixture.
- Step 6 Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Top with peppers. Continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes or until heated through.
Leave us your comments and love down below!