Whether you’re looking to use up that leftover Halloween candy that’s hanging around or brainstorming an epic Thanksgiving spread that will knock everyone’s socks off, Butterfinger Cheesecake fits the bill perfectly. Cheesecake is such an amazing dessert on its own but when you toss in crispy, […]
Tag: <span>make ahead dessert</span>
Raise your hand if you could use a little more fruit in your life. Well our Tropical Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips is here to help you with that. Fruit Salsa makes the perfect appetizer or snack for summer because it’s so light and refreshing. […]
If you’re a dessert lover with less than fabulous baking skills then you’re in luck! This next recipe is for YOU!!! Black Forest Ice Cream Pie is a no bake, easy to prepare frozen dessert you’ll find yourself making again and again…..and again. This creamy, layered pie is overflowing with cherries and loads of chocolatey goodness. It’s truly a dessert lovers dream. Jam packed with all the crazy deliciousness you’d expect from a Black Forest dessert but no baking skills required. This one’s gonna be on repeat for awhile in my house. I better go make some room in the freezer!
Here’s all you’ll need: chocolate ice cream, graham cracker pie crust, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, frozen whipped topping, cherry pie filling, and chocolate syrup.
This recipe instantly became a hit with me because it’s basically simple, ready-made ingredients used to create something totally new and different. And sometimes easy is just what we need in the kitchen! Start by spooning the chocolate ice cream into the ready made graham cracker pie crust. You’ll need to soften the ice cream first to make this possible. You can also use a pre made Oreo pie crust if you’re craving a bit more chocolate! Cover the pie and freeze for 15 minutes.
While the ice cream’s firming up we can go ahead and whip up our next layer! In a large bowl beat the softened cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until nice and smooth. And I mean no lumps, no bumps, silky smooth. It might take a few minutes but you’ll get there!
Next gently fold in the whipped topping. Make sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl. There’s always a little extra hiding down there! This whipped layer is the perfect balance between light and fluffy and rich and creamy. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for a pretty little garnish.
Remove the pie from the freezer and cover with the remaining whipped topping mixture. Using the back of the spoon create a slight well in the middle of the pie. This will help to hold the cherries in place. Basically you want the well to be the majority of the pie surface, reserving about a 1 inch diameter around the outside.
Pipe the reserved whipped cream around the outside of the pie. I used the largest star tip that I had on hand (the bigger the better) and just piped a single star straight up. No piping skills, no worries. Just add small dollops of whipped cream around the outside of the pie with a spoon. Place the pie back in the freezer for 3-4 hours or overnight. Do not add the cherries just yet!
And talk about make ahead, the above pie shown as is (no cherries) can be stored in the freezer for up to two months. Not that it would EVER last that long in my house!!! Now let’s get to those cherries. Spoon the cherry pie filling into the center of the pie “well” we created just before serving.
Drizzle with chocolate syrup because why wouldn’t you??? Tempting chocolate, tangy cherries, OMG……someone grab me a spoon already!!!! If you’re all about no bake then you’ll love our Easy Ice Cream Cone Cannoli too!
No Bake Black Forest Ice Cream Pie
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- chocolate syrup to garnish
- Step 1 Spoon softened chocolate ice cream into the ready made graham cracker pie crust. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Step 2 In a large bowl beat the softened cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until nice and smooth. Gently fold in the whipped topping. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for garnish.
- Step 3 Remove the pie from the freezer and cover with the remaining whipped topping mixture. Using the back of the spoon create a slight well in the middle of the pie.
- Step 4 Pipe the reserved whipped cream around the outside of the pie. Or use a spoon and add dollops of whipped cream around the edge. Place the pie back in the freezer for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Step 5 When ready to serve spoon the cherry pie filling into the center of the pie. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!
Soooo….you know I love me a good no bake last minute recipe! With the Super Bowl less than a week away, I wanted to bring you this super easy, super delicious party snack. Just because a recipe comes together quickly doesn’t mean it can’t be […]