If you’re in need of a little comfort right now, grab a whisk and whip up a batch of Lemon Raspberry Streusel Muffins. Now you can enjoy light and fluffy, bakery-style muffins at home. These delicious muffins are lightly flavored with lemon, chock-full of sweet […]
Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins are a fun spinoff on a classic breakfast staple. These simple homemade muffins can’t be beat! The cinnamon-sugary streusel topping is an absolute must!! It totally makes this recipe by adding the perfect amount of sweetness. These delicious homemade muffins are […]
Back in July, me and the hubs took a little daycation to Becker Farms to sample some beer, wine, and do a little fruit picking out in the fields. I had always enjoyed apple picking here in my younger years on school field trips, so we thought why not give cherry and strawberry picking a try! Later in the week I made my absolute all time favorite muffin recipe with our freshly picked berries. Of course they taste even better when you put a little hard work into getting the ingredients farm fresh! Now that we’re heading into baking season, I thought I would share this wonderful recipe with you. I do SO much baking in the fall, especially muffins, these delicious little muffins in particular! This recipe is truly delightful and quickly became a family favorite. It’s essentially the perfect muffin, with a moist center, chunks of real fruit, and a crumb topping to adorn the top! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
We managed to just catch the tail end of strawberry season here, but still found plenty of gorgeous berries and had no problem filling up a small bucket to take home! These were seriously some of the best strawberries I’ve had in my life. So sweet!
Strawberry Crumb Cake Muffins
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1/4 cup cold butter, diced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Step 1 In a large bowl, cream together 1/4 cup butter and 3/4 cup white sugar.
- Step 2 Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Step 3 Mix in salt, baking powder, and flour until well combined.
- Step 4 Fold in fresh strawberries.
- Step 5 Line a regular size muffin pan with cupcake liners. Fill 12 liners 3/4 of the way to the top with batter.
- Step 6 Combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 cup white sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup butter with a fork.
- Step 7 Sprinkle the crumble topping on the muffins.
- Step 8 Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
Leave us your comments and love down below!