If you’re planning a visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake, you really won’t find any finer accommodations than the Prince of Wales Hotel. They truly pamper their guests to ensure that you have a romantic and luxurious stay. The hotel is absolutely stunning both inside and out, from the luxury […]
Tag: <span>niagara falls</span>
We spent last weekend across the border, exploring Niagara-on-the-Lake before all of the Christmas madness set in. Niagara-on-the-Lake is situated in Ontario, Canada right where the Niagara River meets Lake Ontario, and directly across the river from Youngstown, NY. This historic town is home to […]
Back in July, me and the hubs took a little daycation to Becker Farms to sample some beer, wine, and do a little fruit picking out in the fields. I had always enjoyed apple picking here in my younger years on school field trips, so we thought why not give cherry and strawberry picking a try! Later in the week I made my absolute all time favorite muffin recipe with our freshly picked berries. Of course they taste even better when you put a little hard work into getting the ingredients farm fresh! Now that we’re heading into baking season, I thought I would share this wonderful recipe with you. I do SO much baking in the fall, especially muffins, these delicious little muffins in particular! This recipe is truly delightful and quickly became a family favorite. It’s essentially the perfect muffin, with a moist center, chunks of real fruit, and a crumb topping to adorn the top! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
We managed to just catch the tail end of strawberry season here, but still found plenty of gorgeous berries and had no problem filling up a small bucket to take home! These were seriously some of the best strawberries I’ve had in my life. So sweet!
Strawberry Crumb Cake Muffins
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1/4 cup cold butter, diced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Step 1 In a large bowl, cream together 1/4 cup butter and 3/4 cup white sugar.
- Step 2 Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Step 3 Mix in salt, baking powder, and flour until well combined.
- Step 4 Fold in fresh strawberries.
- Step 5 Line a regular size muffin pan with cupcake liners. Fill 12 liners 3/4 of the way to the top with batter.
- Step 6 Combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 cup white sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup butter with a fork.
- Step 7 Sprinkle the crumble topping on the muffins.
- Step 8 Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
Leave us your comments and love down below!
Last week my husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary!!! We’ve got 6 years of marriage under our belts, 2191 days, 52584 hours, 3155040 minutes, 1 home, 2 loved puppies, 6 vacations, and ZERO STABBINGS!!! We must be doing something right?!? Here’s hoping we can keep […]