Raise your hand if you’re enjoying every last bit of summer! We sure are!! And that means getting our fill of all the wonderful summer flavors before the days start getting cooler. Key Lime Cream Pie is the most perfect dessert for June, July, and […]
Tag: no bake dessert
Looking for a fun way to use up some overripe bananas? Well friends, let me introduce you to White Chocolate Banana Cream Truffles! Truffles are an easy dessert to make because they’re no bake. This delicious version is a combination of Golden Oreos and ripe […]
If you haven’t tried Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats, then you’re doing it wrong! This extraordinary mashup combines two of my most loved goodies, Oreo cookies and Rice Krispies cereal. Have you ever asked yourself what happens when Oreo cookies and Rice Krispies collide? This spinoff on the traditional Rice Krispies Treat recipe is born. And it’s to die for!! They’re seriously the most delicious Rice Krispie Treat you’ve ever tasted (coming from a girl who’s tasted a lot of Rice Krispie Treats). We’ve jam-packed chunks of Oreo cookies throughout the cereal bar, smothered them in white chocolate, then loaded up the top with even more double-stuffed cookies and cream goodness. They’re crunchy, they’re chewy, they’re ooey, they’re gooey. THEY’RE AMAZING!!! Put ’em out at a party and they’ll be the first thing gone!
Here’s all you’ll need: butter, mini marshmallows, Rice Krispies, Double-stuffed Oreos, and white chocoalte baking chips. Seriously only 5 ingredients!
Ok first things first let’s get our prep work done because once we get rollin’, this recipe comes together pretty quickly. So chop up those Oreos into decent sized chunks and set aside. Double-Stuffed Oreos are the obvious choice! Split the pile in half and set aside.
Oh and one more beyond fabulous bonus to this recipe, just like the regular version of Rice Krispies Treats, they’re no bake! Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Next add the mini marshmallows and stir and stir and stir until they’ve melted in with the butter. Be cautious while stirring. This mixture will get very hot and sticky.
Remove from the heat and stir in half of the Oreo cookie chunks and all 6 cups of the Rice Krispies cereal. You want to not only evenly distribute the Oreo cookies throughout the mixture but also make sure everything is covered in marshmallow. I find that it’s easiest to work “gently” and also to constantly scoop from the bottom of the pan. It’ll take a few minutes to mix it all up. Just keep mixing til you’re happy with it.
Grease a 9X13″ baking dish with butter. Really all that means is your smearing butter all over the pan so the cereal treat mixture doesn’t stick. Spoon the Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treat mixture into the pan. Gently press it out to flatten. Don’t pack them too hard otherwise we’ll end up with super firm, hard to bite into treats. If you use a gentle touch, you’ll achieve light and airy, perfectly soft and chewable Rice Krispies snacks.
Add the white chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Continue to heat but this time in 15 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the white chocolate chips are smooth and creamy. White chocolate can be a bit tricky to work with. Basically if you heat it too quickly it becomes hard and unusable. But I find that 15 second intervals with lots of stirring in between heating helps to avoid this problem.
Spread the melted white chocolate over the top of the Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats to cover. Use a butter knife of the back of a spoon to spread that deliciousness over every nook and cranny. We want it all covered!
Press the remaining Oreo cookies into the white chocolate before it has a chance to set. Cool to room temperature or until the white chocolate topping has set. Remove from the baking pan and cut into bars.
Grab yourself a big ‘ole glass of milk and enjoy!!! If you love keeping your kitchen cool in the summer, try our No Bake Black Forest Ice Cream Pie next!
Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 8 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 3 cups double-stuffed Oreo cookies (about 20), chopped, divided
- 1-1/3 cups white baking chips, melted
- Step 1 Chop up the Oreo cookies into chunks and set aside.
- Step 2 Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Next add the mini marshmallows and stir until they’ve melted in with the butter. Be cautious while stirring. This mixture will get very hot and sticky.
- Step 3 Remove from the heat and stir in half of the Oreo cookie chunks and 6 cups of the Rice Krispies cereal. Mix until well combined.
- Step 4 Grease a 9X13″ baking dish with butter. Spoon the Rice Krispies Treat mixture into the pan. Gently press it out to flatten. Don’t pack it too hard.
- Step 5 Add the white chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Continue to heat but this time in 15 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the white chocolate chips are smooth and creamy. Do not overheat.
- Step 6 Spread the melted white chocolate over the top of the Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats to cover. Press the remaining Oreo cookies into the white chocolate before it has a chance to set. Cool to room temperature or until the white chocolate topping has set. Remove from the baking pan and cut into bars. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!
If you’re a dessert lover with less than fabulous baking skills then you’re in luck! This next recipe is for YOU!!! Black Forest Ice Cream Pie is a no bake, easy to prepare frozen dessert you’ll find yourself making again and again…..and again. This creamy, […]
If you’ve mastered our Chocolate Covered Strawberries, then it’s time to kick your decorating skills up a notch with Tuxedo Strawberries!!! Instantly dress up any occasion with this classy little treat. This beautifully decorated dessert is easy to make and sure to impress your guests. You’ll […]
Summer is literally disappearing before my very eyes this year! Between starting an exciting new job, a revolving door of house guests that we hadn’t seen in foreva, and a few really spectacular parties, I pretty much blinked and July was gone. On the bright side, we’ve already had A LOT of fun this year!! But a hectic schedule leaves ya with little time to cook. Thank goodness for this next recipe! Key Lime Mousse Tarts are a quick and easy summer dessert that can be thrown together last second. In fact I even encourage it! Let me just start by telling you this….they’re no bake! Uh huh!! Think super easy, no fuss, best dessert of summer kind of thing. A spinoff on the classic key lime pie, these dreamy little delights are sure to wow your tastebuds. They’re best served fresh, which is all the more reason to grab a second helping…or third….or fourth!
Here’s all you’ll need: cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, key limes (or regular limes if you can’t find key limes), heavy whipping cream, frozen mini phyllo pastry shells, and raspberries to garnish.
First things first we’re going to need to thaw those phyllo shells. Don’t worry! They only take like 15 minutes to thaw. So take ’em out of the freezer, get to work on this recipe, and they’ll be ready to go by the time we need them. Next combine the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice in a large bowl.
Don’t panic if you can’t get your hands on key limes. Regular old limes work just as well. We heated the limes in the microwave for about 15-30 seconds before juicing. Heating the limes is a great way to squeak out a little more juice. And by juicing I mean I just cut them in half and squeezed them until all the juice came out. But if you have access to a juicer then by all means have at it! You fancy huh?!?
Blend the mixture with a hand mixer at medium speed until smooth and creamy (about 3-5 minutes). It doesn’t have to be perfectly smooth but we want to make sure that no large cream cheese chunks are hanging out in there.
Next in a separate bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream. Start on low, and keep increasing the speed every 30 seconds or so until you’re maxed out at the top speed. Keep mixing on high until stiff peaks begin to form. Voila! Homemade whipped cream! I find that it helps to speed along the process if you move the beaters in a back and forth motion in the bowl.
Now gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Continue to mix until the two mixtures become one aka a light and fluffy mousse!
Add the mousse to a ziplock baggie and seal. Snip a large opening in the corner to create a DIY piping bag. Pipe a generous amount into each of the phyllo shells. Mound that stuff up!! This is a situation where you WILL want to lick the bowl if there’s any leftovers. Just warning you! If you’re not planning to serve these right away then you should refrigerate the mousse until ready to use. You want to pipe it into the shells just before serving otherwise the shells will get soggy.
Garnish each tart with a fresh raspberry and lime slice! Aren’t they just the most amazingly cute little mini dessert???? So simple. So delicious. Sign me up!! If summer desserts get ya all excited then head on over to our Fresh Blueberry Pie recipe pronto!!
Key Lime Mousse Tarts
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Key lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- Fresh raspberries
- lime wedges
- Step 1 Remove phyllo shells from the freezer and thaw.
- Step 2 Combine the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice in a large bowl. Blend the mixture with a hand mixer at medium speed until smooth and creamy (about 3-5 minutes).
- Step 3 In a separate bowl, mix heavy cream with a hand mixer on the lowest setting. Gradually increase the speed in 30 second intervals until on the highest setting. Beat on high for several minutes, until stiff peaks begin to form.
- Step 4 Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Continue to mix until well combined.
- Step 5 Add the mousse to a ziplock baggie and seal. Snip a large opening in the corner to create a DIY piping bag. Pipe a generous amount into each of the phyllo shells.
- Step 6 Garnish each tart with a fresh raspberry and lime slice! Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!
Everyone and I do mean EVERYONE loves a good cannoli. But not everyone enjoys the work! Well this fun to eat, Easy Ice Cream Cone Cannoli recipe is a game changer people!!! It’s all the deliciousness of a good old fashioned cannoli but without any […]
Soooo….you know I love me a good no bake last minute recipe! With the Super Bowl less than a week away, I wanted to bring you this super easy, super delicious party snack. Just because a recipe comes together quickly doesn’t mean it can’t be […]