We are smack dab in the middle of Fall and I am absolutely loving it. Give me all the Fall things!!! I want the leaves, and the weather, and the sweaters, and the baking of all things pumpkin of course. Our Pumpkin Scones will give […]
Tag: <span>no knead bread</span>
Amish Cinnamon Bread is sure to be a hit! You’re gonna fall in love with this easy, no knead, quick bread. This sweet bread is tender and moist, loaded with cinnamon swirls and then topped with even more cinnamon and sugar. Soft in texture and […]
Cheese and beer may be soulmates! Or are beer and cheese MY soulmates?!? Probably both! Either way this Cheesy Beer Bread will have you all starry eyed! This super tasty, one bowl quick bread, comes together in about an hour. It’s perfectly soft with a buttery crust and no kneading required! And if you’re not drooling yet, let’s refer back to the recipe title….CHEESY……BEER…..BREAD!! Three of the best things ever!!! The beer flavor is solid AND it’s loaded with cheesy goodness. They really are a match made in heaven. This is winter baking at it’s finest people!! Pair with a soup or a stew and you’ve got yourself a nice, warm and comforting meal. It’s SOOO good for dunking!! Cheesy Beer Bread will be your new favorite quick bread recipe to make over and over again!
Here’s all you’ll need: Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese, flour sugar, baking powder, salt, pepper, beer, and butter.
First, divide the cheese in half. Cut one half into bitesize 1/4″ cubes and shred the other half with a cheese grater. I love this recipe because it isn’t greasy like a lot of other cheese breads!
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pepper. This recipe is basically just simple pantry ingredients plus the addition of beer and cheese. Don’t let the simple ingredients fool you! It’s bursting with flavor!
Alright here’s the good part! Pour in the beer. A 12 oz can or bottle will do the trick! We went with Bud Light, our house favorite, and boy was it a good choice!! It pairs perfectly with this recipe. I know it seems like a waste of a perfectly good beer, but trust me, it’s not!!
Lightly stir into the dry ingredients until everything is just moistened. The batter will be very sticky.
Next fold in the cheese! All of it, cubed and shredded. We used Jarlsberg but Swiss will work just as well. Make sure you get it mixed in evenly. We want every bite to have a little bit of cheese flavor!
Transfer to a lightly greased 8X4 inch loaf pan. Pour melted butter over the top. Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The butter gives us that nice, beautifully, crisp crust.
Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove and finish cooling on a wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely. Either way this bread is OMG out of this world addictive!!! Chewy, cheesy, savory, you’re really gonna love it!
Cheesy Beer Bread
- 4 ounces Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Step 1 Divide the cheese in half. Cut one half into 1/4″ cubes and shred the other half.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- Step 3 Pour in the beer.Lightly stir into the dry ingredients until everything is just moistened. The batter will be very sticky.
- Step 4 Fold in the cubed and shredded cheese.
- Step 5 Transfer to a lightly greased 8X4 inch loaf pan. Pour melted butter over the top. Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Step 6 Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove and finish cooling on a wire rack. Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!