Broccoli Cheese Spread is such a simple recipe but it’s so amazingly good. You absolutely need this quick and easy appetizer recipe in your arsenal. I mean could there be a more classic combination than broccoli and cheese? I don’t think so! Just try it […]
Tag: party food
Alright let’s just cut to the chase here! This next recipe is called Chicken Wing Dip NOT “Buffalo” Chicken Wing Dip. You don’t call them “Buffalo” wings if you actually live in Buffalo. The Buffalo part is just assumed cause everyone knows that when it […]
Looking for the ultimate party food to feed a hungry crowd? Or maybe you just need a new and exciting weeknight family dinner recipe? Well Meatball Sub Casserole is kinda both! This easy oven meal is savory and SO delicious. If you’re a meatball sub lover, you’re gonna be hooked on this one. I promise. All the best parts of meatball subs join forces to create this one of a kind, tasty dinner. The best part? You can even make the meatballs ahead of time to cut down on the prep work. Get ready to be the hero of dinner tonight!
Here’s all you’ll need: green onions, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, ground beef, French bread, cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, pepper, mozzarella, spaghetti sauce, garlic, and parsley.
Let’s get started on those mini meatballs! In a medium sized bowl, combine the green onions, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Green onions lend a nice, mild flavor to these tasty lil meatballs.
Add the beef and mix well. Go ahead and roll up those sleeves. Everybody knows the best tool for mixing meatballs is your two. bare. hands!
Next shape the meat mixture into 1-inch balls. A cookie scoop with help to keep the batch nice and uniform, but you’re more than welcome to freestyle it. Isn’t it crazy how even meatballs are cuter when they’re mini sized!?! Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray and place the meatballs on top. Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
Looking to save a little time? Swap out for frozen pre cooked meatballs. Or you can even make our mini version ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze until you’re ready to assemble the Meatball Sub Casserole.
While the meatballs are baking, we can get rolling on the rest of this casserole. Chop the French bread into 1-inch cubes. Place them in the bottom of a 13X9″ baking dish. Day old French Bread works best for Meatball Sub Casserole. It’ll keep the casserole from getting too soggy.
Mix together the softened cream cheese, mayo, Italian seasoning and pepper in a small bowl. We don’t want any cream cheese clumps. The mixture should be smooth and creamy.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over top of the cubed bread. Then top with 1/2 a cup of mozzarella because who doesn’t love a hidden layer of cheese??? Seriously!!!
In a large bowl, add the spaghetti sauce (Chef’s is our local favorite!), water and garlic. Mix well to combine then add in the meatballs. Pour the sauce mixture over the bread. Yep! All of it. Try to spread out those meatballs if you can.
And of course Meatball Sub Casserole wouldn’t be complete without a top layer of cheese!! Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella to cover the casserole. Bake uncovered, in a 350 degree preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. The cheese should be melted and the casserole heated through.
Garnish with parsley and let’s dig in! Absolutely, positively, 100% delicious!!! Look at all that cheesy goodness!! I feel a food coma coming on! If you’re digging this recipe, you’ll seriously love our Pizza Zucchini Casserole too.
Meatball Sub Casserole
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 loaf (1-lb)French bread
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 jar (20 oz) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- Step 1 In a medium sized bowl, combine the green onions, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Add the beef and mix well.
- Step 2 Shape the meat mixture into 1-inch balls. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray and place the meatballs on top. Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Step 3 Chop the French bread into 1-inch cubes. Place them in the bottom of a 13X9″ baking dish.
- Step 4 Mix together the softened cream cheese, mayo, Italian seasoning and pepper in a small bowl. Spread the cream cheese mixture over top of the bread cubes. Top with 1/2 a cup of mozzarella.
- Step 5 In a large bowl, add the spaghetti sauce, water and garlic. Mix well to combine then add in the meatballs. Pour the sauce mixture over the bread.
- Step 6 Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella to cover the casserole. Bake uncovered, in a 350 degree preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Garnish with parsley if desired. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!
If Spinach Artichoke Dip is involved then you can count me in people! It’s pretty much one of my main weaknesses. I just can’t say no to this luscious, creamy, absolutely delicious dip. I’ve tried all the recipes, the restaurant knock offs, the crockpot versions, […]
If you’ve never made Pizza Pinwheels then you’re truly missing out! This bitesize, crowd pleasing appetizer is totally irresistible, super easy to make and tastes just like pizza. Loads of pepperoni and mozzarella are wrapped up inside a tender, flaky crescent dough crust. These mini […]
I know you’ve been waiting for this post all week! It’s my very FIRST recipe made in a pressure cooker!! Are you excited? I’m excited because it actually worked!! YAAAAYYYYY!!!!!! When Cosori asked me to test out their 6-Quart Premium Pressure Cooker I knew that I had to start with an easy recipe. Like something that would be totally foolproof. This Pressure Cooker Cheddar Bacon Beer Dip is the perfect recipe to get your feet wet. This creamy, luscious, totally irresistible dip will be the life of your next party. It’s over the top cheesy, bacon-y, and loaded with lots of beer flavor of course. It pairs amazingly with our Beer Pretzels, but you could also use toasted bread, chips, veggies, or just about anything for dipping. I think I’ve found our new go to snack for Game Day!!!
Here’s all you’ll need: cream cheese, sour cream, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, beer, bacon, cheddar cheese, heavy whipping cream, green onions, and Beer Pretzels for dipping.
First let’s cook and crumble the bacon. I love this No Mess Bacon method! It’s my go to every. dang. time. This recipe calls for ALOT of bacon but isn’t that how you know it’s going to be good?!? I mean what would Cheddar Bacon Beer Dip really be without the bacon? Oh and before I forget, you’re gonna wanna set aside about 2 tablespoons of that bacon to garnish.
Then combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mustard and garlic in a greased pressure cooker. Beat with a hand blender until well combined. Yup! You can mix it all up right in the pot. That’s actually my favorite thing about pressure cooking so far, every recipe feels like a one pan wonder.
Next stir in the beer and the bacon (but not the two tablespoons that we set aside). We always use Bud Light cause that’s how we roll, but any ale will work just fine. Just stay away from dark varieties. Secure and lock the lid to the pressure cooker ensuring that the steam vent is closed. Select the manual function, adjust the pressure to medium, and set the cook timer for 5 minutes. Seriously isn’t this so easy??? Meanwhile you might as well slice up those green onions because I mean there’s really nothing else to do!
When cooking is finished, use the quick-release pressure valve and release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions. I always wear an oven mitt for this part. Safety first! Select the saute setting and adjust the temp to normal heat (about 250-275 degrees). Add the cheese and heavy cream. Mmm!! SO Cheesy!!!
Cook and stir for about 5 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and the mixture has thickened slightly. I still can’t believe we’re doing all this in one pot. We literally have one pot, a spatula and some mixing beaters to clean. How is this even possible???
Top with reserved bacon and sliced green onions. Serve warm and dig in already!! Those Beer Pretzels are calling my name!! If you’re hosting a party, you might wanna double this one!! Wanna try your hand at another pressure cooker recipe? Try our Pressure Cooker Beef Tips!
Pressure Cooker Cheddar Bacon Beer Dip
- 18 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup beer
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Beer Pretzels, toasted bread, chips, veggies, or something to dip!
- Step 1 Cook and crumble the bacon. Reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish.
- Step 2 Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mustard and garlic in a greased pressure cooker. Beat with a hand blender until well combined.
- Step 3 Next stir in the beer and the bacon (but not the two tablespoons that we set aside). Secure and lock the lid to the pressure cooker ensuring that the steam vent is closed. Select the manual function, adjust the pressure to medium, and set the cook timer for 5 minutes.
- Step 4 When cooking is finished, use the quick-release pressure valve and release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions. Select the saute setting and adjust the temp to normal heat (about 250-275 degrees). Add the cheese and heavy cream.
- Step 5 Cook and stir for about 5 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Step 6 Top with reserved bacon and sliced green onions. Serve warm and enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below.
Shop this recipe!
It’s that time of the year again! Our garden is bursting with fresh veggies and all of a sudden we’re like….how are we gonna eat all this??? Right now I’ve got boat loads of tomatoes on my hands. And you know I’ve already made batch […]
What happens when you combine tater tots and nachos??? You get Totchos!!! Our all new Quick and Easy Loaded Totchos recipe are the perfect way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. This delicious spinoff recipe swaps tater tots for tortilla chips and then smothers them with all […]
Our Ham and Cheese Bites make the cutest lil appetizer ever! This tasty bitesize snack works great for Easter brunch and doubles as a wonderful appetizer for Easter dinner too. They’re also perfect for after school snacking. Little fingers won’t be able to resist this mini-sized fun to eat treat. This quick and easy recipe is a breeze to make and only 6 ingredients! Ham and Cheese Bites are loaded up with cheesy goodness and so rich and creamy. Believe me when I say these babies are highly addictive!! You might even want to just go ahead and double the batch right now! They’ll be gone before they’re even finished cooling.
Here’s all you’ll need: cheddar, deli ham, mayonnaise, bacon bits, dijon mustard and a tube of biscuits.
Start by dicing the ham into little bitesize pieces. If you’re looking to save time, you can even use a package of the pre diced ham. I mean we ARE using this bacon bits shortcut so you might as well just go all the way! Buy that diced ham baby!
In a large bowl, combine the ham, cheese, bacon, mayo, and dijon mustard. I know it seems simple, but these six ingredients combined are SO ridiculously good together!
Mix until well combined. You’ll find yourself making this recipe again and again. Need a Christmas appetizer? Ham and Cheese Bites. Game Day snack? Ham and Cheese Bites. Potluck Party Food? For real everyone’s gonna love them!!!
Next pop open that tube of biscuits. Try not to have a heart attack! Cut each biscuit in half. Press each biscuit half into a mini muffin pan sprayed with cooking spray. I found it easiest flatten and stretch the biscuit out with the palm of my hand a little bit first before pressing into the pan. I used a regular sized 7 oz tube of biscuits that come 10 per pack. If you’re using Pillsbury Grands or jumbo sized biscuits (typically 6 come in a tube) then you’re going to want to cut your biscuits into thirds instead.
Once you’ve got that all squared away, spoon about a tablespoon of the cheese mixture into each cup. Load em up real good!
Bake in a 450 degree preheated oven for 9-11 minutes. They’re done when the biscuits are golden brown and the cheese is melted. That’s mine right there! That little guy with all the little bacon pieces poking out. I call dibs!!! Let stand for 2 minutes before removing from the pan.
Serve warm! Make sure you grab one (or five!!) before they’re gone. Seriously I’ve seen people eat these by the handful.
Ham and Cheese Bites
- 2-1/2 ounces sliced deli ham, diced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tube (7 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
- Step 1 In a large bowl, combine the diced ham, cheese, bacon, mayo, and dijon mustard. Mix until well combined
- Step 2 Cut each biscuit in half. Press each biscuit half into a mini muffin pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Step 3 Spoon about a tablespoon of the cheese mixture into each muffin cup.
- Step 4 Bake in a 450 degree preheated oven for 9-11 minutes or until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown.
- Step 5 Let stand for 2 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve warm! Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Typically March Madness means I’m outraged because I’m SO. Over. This. Snow!!! But this year’s a little different. We’re all about basketball right now here in Buffalo. Our hometown team, the University at Buffalo, pulled off a huge upset! If you know Buffalo sports, you know that […]