Pizza night gets a whole new meaning at our house during the summer. Put down that take out menu and fire up the grill! You don’t need a fancy pizza stone or even a pizza oven to create your very own outdoor pizzeria. There’s nothing […]
It’s no secret that I love ALL things pizza!! I’ll take it in any way, shape or form….JUST GIMME ALL THE PIZZA!!!! No really. All that gooey, cheesy goodness gives me heart eyes. And our Cheesy Pizza Dip is no exception! It’s the perfect party […]
You’ve probably made it through your Thanksgiving leftovers by now and if you’re anything like me, you’re still not quite ready to bust out a full blown meal just yet. Most people would rather be Christmas shopping and decorating trees this weekend than stuck in the kitchen! And I am right there with ya on that. But at the same time I’m not quite ready to give up that Thanksgiving state of mind. I still want those Fall flavors and I’m most definitely NOT ready for snow yet! Don’t get me wrong….I absolutely LOVE Christmas!!!! I just try to hold out until December 1st before I flip the switch and jump into full blown Christmas mode (because I get carried away!!) So here is my easy solution, a little lazy girl cooking is going down in my kitchen tonight! Let me introduce you to Cheesy Sweet Potato Pizza. Yup! You heard me right! Sweet potatoes ON pizza!!! And let me tell you something………It.Is.Delish!!!! Oh and it’s super easy too!
Here’s all that you’ll need: sweet potato, water, salt, pepper, pizza dough, mozzarella, fontina, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, and Parmesan cheese.Peel and cut the sweet potato into thin strips. Place in a microwave safe dish. Add 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are almost tender. And while you’ve got the cutting board out, we might as well mince up those herbs! My hubby bought me this herb mincer years ago as a stocking stuffer and I absolutely cannot live without it. It makes cutting herbs so, SO much easier! This makes a great inexpensive gift idea for that food lover in your life (think under $20). You just roll over the herbs and they’re all chopped up in half the time. So easy!Season the sweet potato with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roll out your pizza dough to fit your pizza pan. May I suggest our recipe for Pizza Dough With Or Without A Bread Machine? It’s bakes up into the perfect pizza crust! You can totally use pre made dough too. I’m not here to judge. Spread the dough into your pizza pan and pinch the edges to form a crust. Thin crust or thick crust it’s all up to you! I went with the full pizza dough recipe for a thick crust pizza….well…because I have heart eyes for carbs!!
Sprinkle with mozzarella and fontina cheeses and then drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil. If you can’t find fontina cheese at your local grocery store, a gruyere, gouda, or provolone will do just fine too. Top with the sweet potato slices. Then sprinkle with herbs and Parmesan cheese. Then drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.Bake in a 450 degree preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is nice and melty! OMG!! Yum!!!!!!! Pizza perfection! Why don’t you have a slice…..or three?!? I love sweet potatoes so this pizza is kinda my spirit animal.
Cheesy Sweet Potato Pizza
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Step 1 Peel and cut the sweet potato into thin strips. Place in a microwave safe dish. Add 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are almost tender. Season the sweet potato with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Step 2 Roll out your pizza dough to fit your pizza pan. Spread the dough into your pizza pan and pinch the edges to form a crust.
- Step 3 Sprinkle with mozzarella and fontina cheeses and then drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil. Top with the sweet potato slices. Then sprinkle with herbs and Parmesan cheese. Then drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Step 4 Bake in a 450 degree preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is nice and melted. Slice and enjoy!
We’d love to hear form you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Raise your hand if you wish Pizza Night was EVERY night! Just me?!? Well I can tell you for a fact that if my niece and nephew are reading this post right now, they’ve got both hands up! This homemade pizza dough is my go […]