Looking to shake things up a bit? Peach Mango Caprese Salad offers a lovely twist on the classic tomato and mozzarella dish. Caprese Salad fans will absolutely adore this lil bowl full of summer. The perfect bite holds wonderfully ripe peaches, juicy mango, tangy tomatoes, […]
Tag: side dish
If you like sweet potato fries, then you’ll love Grilled Sweet Potatoes! I’ve always been a sweet potato fan whether they’re fried, baked or all dolled up in a holiday casserole, but grilling them puts it on a whole new level for me. Grilling not […]
Raise your hand if you could use a little more fruit in your life. Well our Tropical Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips is here to help you with that. Fruit Salsa makes the perfect appetizer or snack for summer because it’s so light and refreshing. You’ll be shoveling this stuff in your mouth by the spoonful. But don’t miss out on the cinnamon chips! They bake up sweet, crispy, and delicious and make the perfect vessel for this colorful fruit medley. The tropical fruit blend is a surefire winner, but you can also shake it up a bit and swap out for whatever fruit combinations you like. Bananas, blueberries, or blackberries are a great place to start experimenting.
Here’s all you’ll need: strawberries, navel orange, kiwi, crushed pineapple, lemon juice, sugar, flour tortillas, butter, sugar, and ground cinnamon.
You’re gonna love this recipe because it’s super easy and can even be prepped ahead of time. Let’s start by prepping the fruit. Chop the strawberries, orange, and kiwi. The kiwi will need to be peeled first, of course.
Combine all 4 fruits in a large mixing bowl. Toss in the diced strawberries, orange chunks, kiwi, and crushed pineapple. Be sure to drain the crushed pineapple well otherwise the mixture will be soggy. Run the pineapple through a strainer or even squeeze the juice out with your hands if you have to.
Add the lemon juice and 1-1/2 teaspoons of sugar to the bowl and then mix it all up. Isn’t that just gorgeous?!? Refrigerate fruit salsa until ready to serve.
Our sugary sweet cinnamon coated chips are up next! Combine the cinnamon and 1/3 sugar in a small bowl.
Brush both sides of an 8-inch tortilla with melted butter. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture to cover. Then cut each tortilla into 8 wedges using a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Place the wedges on a parchment lined baking sheet. You can spray with cooking spray if you don’t have parchment paper laying around. But seriously, don’t be late to the party. Parchment paper comes in handy all.the.dang.time!
Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until just crisp. Thirteen minutes was right on the money to get that perfectly crunchable chip for my oven. Grab one to sample if you’re not sure! Ok maybe grab two to sample. No judgment!! I had to run a couple of batches to get all the chips to fit.
Serve the cinnamon chips with the Tropical Fruit Salsa and go to town baby!!! Seriously get after it! When you’re finished with this recipe, make sure you check out our Banana Split Cake! Just another tasty treat that’ll have you licking the bowl clean.
Tropical Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- CINNAMON CHIPS:
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches each)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Step 1 Chop the strawberries, orange, and kiwi. The kiwi will need to be peeled first, of course. Drain the pineapple.
- Step 2 Combine all 4 fruits in a large mixing bowl. Toss in the diced strawberries, orange chunks, kiwi, and crushed pineapple. Add the lemon juice and 1-1/2 teaspoons of sugar to the bowl. Toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Step 3 Combine the cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar in a small bowl. Brush both sides of an 8-inch tortilla with melted butter. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture to cover. Then cut each tortilla into 8 wedges using a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
- Step 4 Place the wedges on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until just crisp. Remove from the baking sheet and cool.
- Step 5 Serve the cinnamon chips with the fruit salsa and enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!
Call it stuffing or call it dressing, it really doesn’t matter as long as you call it delicious!!! Stuffing is one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving. Our take on this Traditional Thanksgiving Stuffing is a classic, no frills, anything but basic holiday stuffing recipe. […]
Watermelon Cucumber Salad is the salad I’ve been missing all my life! Our garden is overflowing with cucumbers right about now and my hubby is. In. His. Glory!! But I’m not the type to just sit there and munch on a plain cucumber all on […]
I’ll admit it! We jumped on the trend train when it comes to cauliflower. We’ve tried the cauliflower pizza crust, and the breadsticks, and the cauliflower rice. But Smoky Roasted Cauliflower is hands down our favorite way to prepare it! The secret ingredient is smoked paprika. It gives this effortless side dish such a distinct taste. You’ll be amazed at how a few simple ingredients can kick up the flavor in this easy recipe. But wait…there’s more!! Did I mention that Smoky Roasted Cauliflower is actually good for you?!? Bonus!! I know right?!? A girl has to balance all those freak shakes and cookies that you see on instagram with some vegetables every once in awhile. This knock your socks off side pairs perfectly with summer BBQs but would also make a lovely accompaniment to Easter dinner. Wow your guests this year with an unexpected flavor!
Here’s all you’ll need: cauliflower, olive oil, smoked paprika, salt, garlic and fresh parsley. Buffalo folks! You know we got our smoked paprika at Marilla Country Store but you can also find it with the spices and seasonings at your local grocer.
Start by chopping the cauliflower into 1 inch florets. Rinse well and then place it in a large bowl. I like my pieces nice and bitesize so I can just pop em in my mouth!
Next we’ll mix up our seasonings. Combine the olive oil, salt, and smoked paprika. I know it sounds simple but trust me when I say the flavor from these 3 little ingredients will be off the hook! Drizzle over the cauliflower.
Toss to coat! Really mix it up good. Make sure you coat that cauliflower in all those good flavors!! I love the color too. Smoky Roasted Cauliflower is not your Grandmother’s boring old cauliflower recipe!
Place the cauliflower in a baking dish. Bake in a 450 degree preheated oven for 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic. Then roast for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and lightly browned. Roasting the cauliflower brings out its nutty and buttery flavors. Yum!! SO good!!
Sprinkle with parsley before serving. Doesn’t that look lovely?!? I wanna dive right in! Mmmmmmm!!!!
Smoky Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Step 1 Chop the cauliflower into 1 inch florets. Rinse well and place in a large bowl.
- Step 2 Combine the olive oil, salt, and smoked paprika. Drizzle over the cauliflower. Toss to coat.
- Step 3 Place the cauliflower in a baking dish. Bake in a 450 degree preheated oven for 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic. Roast for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and lightly browned.
- Step 4 Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
I’ve been making this Creamy Macaroni and Cheese recipe for about 10 years now and it’s literally THE BEST!! It’s so good in fact that it’s the ONLY mac and cheese recipe that gets made in our house! My hubby went to college at Penn […]
There are some recipes that I feel like EVERYONE needs to know and this is one of those recipes!!! A classic baked potato….it should be simple, right?!? A quick internet search for “baked potato” will show you there are apparently about a gazillion ways to […]
My husband LOVES himself a good classic macaroni salad! Mayo, onion, celery, tuna….there in lies our problem. I hate the smell of tuna! I can eat it if it’s mixed in, but I really don’t like to be around just straight up tuna if I don’t have to be. I will cave and make it for him every once in awhile and for all of the other times, I distract him with this creamy, wonderful, bacon, ranch filled, potato salad recipe. And honestly as the years have passed, he seems to request this one more and more! I would even say that he’s a potato salad guy now! We frequently make it for BBQ’s, graduation parties, Father’s Day celebrations, and even week night summer dinners. The leftovers keep so well (if you have any!).
Here’s all you’ll need: red potatoes, onion, bacon, parsley (not pictured), mayo, parmesan cheese, ranch dressing, mustard, white vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
Rinse and cube potatoes.
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and boil for 10-15 or until tender. You don’t want to cook them for too long, otherwise they will start to mash and fall apart when you’re mixing everything together. So be sure to keep an eye on them!
In a large bowl, combine mayo, parmesan cheese, ranch dressing, mustard, white vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. So creamy! I’ve tried fat free ranch and “healthier” versions of mayo and no one can tell the difference so feel free to lighten this up if you like!
Crumble pre cooked bacon. You can find our easy no mess bacon cooking technique here!
Mince up the parsley. I was about to panic while I was making this recipe. I thought I had forgotten to buy the parsley! Then I remembered we had some planted in our garden!! What a lifesaver! That’s also why it’s not pictured in the ingredients photo. Whoops!
Creamy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 7 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Step 1 In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, combine mayo, parmesan cheese, ranch dressing, mustard, white vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Step 3 Add potatoes and onions. Toss to coat.
- Step 4 Add parsley and bacon to the potato salad mixture. Fold until well combined.
- Step 5 Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour until ready to serve.
Leave us your comments and love down below!
This recipe is EVERYTHING!!! It’s 5 ingredients, it’s no bake, it’s simple, it’s easy to whip up, it can be made ahead of time, it’s impressive, it’s a crowd pleasing favorite, and it’s so versatile! You can bring it on a summer picnic in the […]