Elevate any dinner by adding Brandy Glazed Carrots to the menu. You’ll be amazed at the way brandy can transform the same old carrot dish into something quite special. Fresh baby carrots are cooked until tender, simmered in a mixture of honey and butter with […]
Looking to shake things up a bit? Peach Mango Caprese Salad offers a lovely twist on the classic tomato and mozzarella dish. Caprese Salad fans will absolutely adore this lil bowl full of summer. The perfect bite holds wonderfully ripe peaches, juicy mango, tangy tomatoes, […]
Are you ready for a macaroni salad with a twist? Tired of bringing the same old boring salads to parties and potlucks? Prepare to be amazed by our Sweet and Tangy Macaroni Salad! This super creamy salad is like nothing you’ve ever tasted. It’s one of a kind dressing is the perfect blend of sweet and tart. This surprising new flavor is sure to win over the crowd at your next potluck or picnic! And this colorful side dish can easily be doubled to feed an army! But the best part is, it’s make ahead!! Right!!! Who doesn’t love a good make ahead dish??? In fact it’s even better when you let it sit over night. You have no idea what you’ve been missing with this one!!!
Here’s all you’ll need: elbow macaroni, carrots, celery, red onion, mayonnaise, sweetened condensed milk, cider vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
First we need to cook the elbow noodles according to package directions. Drain ’em, then rinse with cold water, then drain ’em again! Allow the noddles to cool. Did I mention that this recipe is SOOOOO easy? If you can boil pasta and chop a few veggies, then you’ve got all the kitchen skills needed. Super simple!
Meanwhile, we can prep our veggies as the noodles are cooking. Slice the celery into bitesize pieces, finely chop the red onion, and shred the carrots. Pre shredded carrots are a great way to save some time here. I’m all about convenience!
Combine the celery, carrots, and red onion in a large bowl. You put the lime in the coconut and mix it all up! Errr….you put the veggies in the bowl and mix ’em all up!!
Next add the elbow noddles to the bowl. Toss to combine. Tell me that isn’t gorgeous already!! This macaroni salad is so colorful.
Now here’s where it gets interesting!!! In a large bowl, whisk together the mayo, sweetened condensed milk, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Keep whisking until the dressing is smooth and the sugar is completely dissolved. You’ve gotta stick your finger in and sneak a taste! The suspense is killing me!!! Slather that dressing and all of it’s creaminess over the noodle mixture. Mix well.
Cover and refrigerate overnight and allow the noodles to soak up all that delicious flavor!!! Serve cold and enjoy!! I can’t help but lick my lips just looking at it! Looking for more amazing summer potluck recipes? Then add our Creamy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad and Homegrown Cucumber Salad to your list!
Sweet and Tangy Macaroni Salad
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni (1/2 package)
- 1 large carrots, shredded
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 can (7 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Step 1 Cook the elbow noodles according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again. Allow the noodles to cool.
- Step 2 Slice the celery into bitesize pieces, finely chop the red onion, and shred the carrots. Combine the veggies in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Step 3 Add the noodles to the bowl and mix well.
- Step 4 In a large bowl, whisk together the mayo, sweetened condensed milk, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Continue whisking until the dressing is smooth and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Step 5 Pour the dressing over the noodle mixture. Mix until full incorporated. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve cold. Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!