Grilled Stuffed Zucchini makes an excellent side dish. Pair this healthy vegetable with thick and juicy pork chops, tender grilled chicken or just about anything else you can toss over an open flame. It’s hearty enough to forgo the meats all together and can even […]
Tag: simple and delicious recipes
Looking to shake things up a bit? Peach Mango Caprese Salad offers a lovely twist on the classic tomato and mozzarella dish. Caprese Salad fans will absolutely adore this lil bowl full of summer. The perfect bite holds wonderfully ripe peaches, juicy mango, tangy tomatoes, […]
Summer nights are made for quick and easy dinner recipes. Citrus Steak Salad is the most perfect all in one dinner salad to get the job done. Crunchy greens, tender steak, juicy strawberries, mandarin oranges and a citrusy, made from scratch vinaigrette make for a meal that’s not only beautifully presented but also super satisfying and delicious. This restaurant quality salad will brighten up your dinner menu in a flash. And did I mention it’s not too hard on the waistline either?!? Eating healthy never looked so good!
Here’s all you’ll need: olive oil, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, fresh parsley, honey, garlic, chili sauce, salt, lettuce, strawberries, red onion, mandarin oranges, pecans, and goat cheese.
So watch this…minimal prep work is required for this super easy steak salad! Slice up some strawberries and red onions. You’ll also want to drain the juice from the mandarin oranges and goat cheese. Then set aside these yummy toppings for later.
Alright, alright, alright! Our super simple but amazingly delish made from scratch dressing is up next. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, minced fresh parsley, honey, minced garlic, chili sauce, and salt. Carefully whisk since it’s oil based. No splashing! Another great way to mix this up is to put all the ingredients in a small tupperware with a tight fitting lid and shake until combined. Strong emphasis on the tight fitting lid.
Give the steak a little sprinkle of salt and pepper to prep and really that’s all you need. The meat will speak for itself. Grill covered, over medium heat for 9-12 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 130 degrees, turning about half way through cooking. Remove from the grill, cover with foil and rest the steak for about 5 minutes before cutting into it. Resting your steak helps to keeps those flavorful juices in your steak and not on plate. Using a sharp knife cut the steak into thin slices.
Now here’s the fun part! Layer the salad greens, strawberries, oranges, and red onion. Top with sliced steak, pecans and goat cheese. Pour on some vinaigrette, grab a fork and enjoy! You’re gonna want Citrus Steak Salad on the table every night. Mmm mmmmm!!! (And that lettuce came straight from my garden too. I’m so proud!)
Citrus Steak Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 cup cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 3/4 pound cooked beef sirloin steak, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup fresh goat cheese, crumbled drained
- Step 1 Slice the strawberries and red onions. Drain the mandarin oranges and goat cheese. Set aside for later.
- Step 2 In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, minced fresh parsley, honey, minced garlic, chili sauce, and salt.
- Step 3 Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Grill covered, over medium heat for 9-12 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 130 degrees, turning about half way through cooking. Remove from the grill, cover with foil and rest the steak for about 5 minutes before cutting into it. Using a sharp knife cut the steak into thin slices.
- Step 4 Layer the salad greens, strawberries, oranges, and red onion. Top with sliced steak, pecans and goat cheese. Pour on some vinaigrette, and enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love own below.
Shop this recipe!
Did you have a nice Thanksgiving? We sure did! But…..I am all leftover-ed out. I had just about all the turkey, stuffing, and pie that a girl can handle. And I LOVED every second of it!! Did I mention that my family serves up squash […]
If ever there were a dish that tastes like Fall, this is it! Pear & Sausage Rigatoni is a truly unique combination of flavors and textures. A delicious mix of sweet, savory, creamy and even crunchy make this rustic pasta dish an instant hit. There’s […]
It’s that time of the year when tomatoes taste best so you’re gonna wanna add this next recipe into your dinner rotation right away! Bruschetta Chicken is an end of summer staple in my house. This relatively simple dish is a spectacular way to fancy up a weeknight dinner. You could even pre-make the bruschetta to save a little prep time. Keep it healthy and serve alongside a salad or green beans or make it hearty with a little pasta. You really can’t go wrong. You’re gonna love the perfect balance of tomatoes, garlic and chicken in every bite.
Here’s all you’ll need:flour, eggs, chicken, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, butter, tomatoes, fresh basil, olive oil, garlic cloves, salt and pepper.
Start by placing the flour in a shallow bowl. Place the eggs in a separate bowl and lightly beat. Ok so full disclosure, the only thing that I don’t like about Bruschetta Chicken is that you’re going to use a lot of bowls. But it’s so worth it!!
Dip the chicken first in flour and then in the eggs. Make sure you get it all covered! Then place the chicken in a lightly greased 13X9 baking dish.
Next in a small microwave safe dish, melt the butter. Mix in the Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs and stir to combine. Bruschetta Chicken is strategically layered with so much flavor. You’re going to be floored by the first bite!
Spread the topping evenly over the chicken breasts. Loosely cover the baking dish with foil. Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, as that delicious chicken is cooking, you can whip up the best part…..the Bruschetta topping! Seed the tomatoes and chop into bitesize pieces and place them in a small bowl. Mince up some fresh basil and add it to the tomatoes. Toss in some minced garlic, salt and pepper and stir it all up. Voila! A quick and easy bruschetta!
Spoon the bruschetta topping over the chicken and bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes. All the best flavors of bruschetta layered on top of a juicy chicken breast! Yum!!
Bruschetta lovers rejoice!! Now your favorite appetizer can actually be the whole meal! I’ll meet ya at the dinner table. If you can’t get enough of these wonderful flavors, then you simply MUST try our Best Ever Bruschetta recipe too!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Step 1 Add the flour and eggs to two separate bowls. Lightly beat the eggs.
- Step 2 Dip the chicken first in flour and then in the eggs. Place the chicken in a lightly greased 13X9 baking dish.
- Step 3 Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Spread the topping evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Step 4 Loosely cover the baking dish with foil. Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes.
- Step 5 Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, minced basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon the bruschetta topping over the chicken and bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below.
Shop this recipe!
If you love to hit the bread basket during dinner then this recipe is for you! Our Light & Flaky Biscuits bake up soft and buttery in a matter of minutes! A few simple ingredients (that you probably already have on hand) are all that’s […]