What’s for dinner tonight? Let’s take it nice and easy and whip up a batch of One-Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo! You’re gonna love this recipe for SO many reasons. First off it’s fast and easy to make which means it’s perfect for a busy weeknight […]
Tag: spinach recipes
If Spinach Artichoke Dip is involved then you can count me in people! It’s pretty much one of my main weaknesses. I just can’t say no to this luscious, creamy, absolutely delicious dip. I’ve tried all the recipes, the restaurant knock offs, the crockpot versions, […]
If ever there were a dish that tastes like Fall, this is it! Pear & Sausage Rigatoni is a truly unique combination of flavors and textures. A delicious mix of sweet, savory, creamy and even crunchy make this rustic pasta dish an instant hit. There’s a little something for everyone! This gourmet dish can be whipped up in a snap so it’s perfect for any night of the week. Don’t let the small ingredients list fool you. This recipe is jam packed with flavor. You’ll be making this hearty pasta again and again this Fall!
Here’s all you’ll need: rigatoni, sausage, pears, spinach, half-and-half cream, blue cheese, and sliced almonds.
Let’s get started! First cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile as the pasta cooks we can prep the rest of the meal. Next thinly slice the pears. I wish I could hand you a slice through the screen. These pears were seriously SO good!!
Next cook and crumble the sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain the grease from the pan. Want to lighten it up a bit? Swap out pork sausage for chicken or turkey sausage.
Add the pears to the pan and cook for 3 minutes longer. I love adding fruit to dinner recipes. It always gives the dish such a surprising flavor boost and Pear & Sausage Rigatoni is no exception!
Then add the spinach, half-and-half cream, and 1/4 cup of blue cheese and cook 3-4 minutes or until the spinach is wilted. Being from Buffalo blue cheese is obviously one of my favorite cheese!! Mmmmm!!!!
Lastly toast the sliced almonds in a small skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes stirring continuously. You’ll know they’re ready when they start to become fragrant and slightly browned. Toasting the almonds enhances their nutty flavor and makes them nice and crisp. Pear & Sausage Rigatoni feels (and tastes) so fancy but it’s really a minimal effort sort of meal. I love that part!
Sprinkle the toasted almonds and the remaining 1/4 cup of blue cheese over pasta. So many Fall flavors in one dish!! I don’t know if I can handle all this!! No wait…..I can!!! I totally can!!
Pear & Sausage Rigatoni
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 8 ounces pork sausage
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Step 1 Cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile thinly slice the pears.
- Step 2 Cook and crumble the sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain the grease from the pan. Add the pears to the pan and cook for 3 minutes longer.
- Step 3 Stir in the spinach, half-and-half cream, and 1/4 cup of blue cheese and cook 3-4 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
- Step 4 Toast the sliced almonds in a small skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes stirring continuously. Sprinkle the toasted almonds and the remaining 1/4 cup of blue cheese over pasta. Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!