Serve up a little slice of sunshine with our White Chocolate Fruit Tart! As summer heats up it’s only natural to crave juicy fruits and refreshing desserts and this beautiful tart is both. This marvelous dessert is super versatile and perfect for brunch, picnics and […]
Tag: summer cookout dessert
If you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain…..then you’ll LOVE this cake!!! Pina Colada Cake is moist, delicious, and loaded with the same tropical goodness as the popular summer drink. Now you can sip your favorite drink and eat it too. This […]
I’m pretty sure S’mores are the official dessert of Summer. Well if you like S’mores then you’re gonna flip out over S’mores bars!! These deliciously decadent bars taste just like S’mores but without all the mess. Heck, you can even skip the bon fire which means you can make them all year round. No excuses! We start with a layer of graham cracker goodness, followed by loads of chocolatey chunks, topped with ooey, gooey marshmallow creme and more graham cracker crumbles. If you’re a sucker for sweets then you ought to know this dessert is seriously addictive!!! No, for real. S’mores Bars will leave you drooling and craving more. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya!
Here’s all you’ll need: butter, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, flour, graham crackers, baking powder, salt, milk chocolate candy bars, and marshmallow fluff.
S’mores Bars were an instant hit in my house, so let’s get started on this ASAP so you can enjoy them too! Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and cream with a mixer until light and fluffy. You’ll want the butter to be a little bit soft so it’s easier to mix. You can leave it on the counter for a bit to soften, or if you’re like me you can “cheat” and nuke it in the microwave for about 15 seconds. A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do!
Next beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Just a teaspoon will do ya! Blend on a low speed until the egg is fully incorporated.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. You can use a food processor to make the graham cracker crumbs or if you’re in a pinch, put them in a ziplock bag and crush away by hand. About 6 full size graham crackers should get you right around 3/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs.
Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Mix well. This delicious batter will serve as both graham cracker layers. So be sure to set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture (for our top layer).
Press the remaining graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a 9X9″ baking pan. You can grease with cooking spray, but I find that lining with parchment paper helps these sticky bars to pull right out of the pan. Press the chocolate bars into the crust, then spread the marshmallow creme over top. If you find that marshmallow creme is too sticky to work with, you can nuke it in the microwave to make it easier to spread.
And lastly, grab that reserved graham cracker mixture from earlier and crumble it over the top. Go ahead. Just sprinkle it right on there. You really can’t mess this part up! Bake in a 350 degree, preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the graham cracker topping is golden brown. Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack then cut into bars.
Gimme gimme S’more! Gimme S’more, gimme gimme S’more! What’s your favorite part of S’mores, the graham crackers, the chocolate, the marshmallows, or all three? If you love S’mores Bars then you better put our Cookie and Cream Rice Krispies Treats on your to do list!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 6 full-size crackers)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each / regular sized candy bars)
- 1 cup marshmallow creme (Fluff)
- Step 1 Add the softened butter and sugar to a large bowl and cream with a mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Step 2 In a separate bowl, combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Mix well. **Set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture (for our top layer).**
- Step 3 Line a 9X9″ baking dish with parchment paper. Press the remaining graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Step 4 Press the chocolate bars into the crust, then spread the marshmallow creme over top. Crumble the reserved graham cracker mixture over top.
- Step 5 Bake in a 350 degree, preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the graham cracker topping is golden brown. Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack then cut into bars. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below.
Shop this recipe!