Happy First Day of Summer!!! What better way to celebrate than with a fun new recipe? No Churn Blackberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is the perfect way to cool off on a hot summer’s day. This recipe is amazing for so many reasons. It starts off […]
Tag: summer dessert
If you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain…..then you’ll LOVE this cake!!! Pina Colada Cake is moist, delicious, and loaded with the same tropical goodness as the popular summer drink. Now you can sip your favorite drink and eat it too. This […]
If you’re a dessert lover with less than fabulous baking skills then you’re in luck! This next recipe is for YOU!!! Black Forest Ice Cream Pie is a no bake, easy to prepare frozen dessert you’ll find yourself making again and again…..and again. This creamy, layered pie is overflowing with cherries and loads of chocolatey goodness. It’s truly a dessert lovers dream. Jam packed with all the crazy deliciousness you’d expect from a Black Forest dessert but no baking skills required. This one’s gonna be on repeat for awhile in my house. I better go make some room in the freezer!
Here’s all you’ll need: chocolate ice cream, graham cracker pie crust, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, frozen whipped topping, cherry pie filling, and chocolate syrup.
This recipe instantly became a hit with me because it’s basically simple, ready-made ingredients used to create something totally new and different. And sometimes easy is just what we need in the kitchen! Start by spooning the chocolate ice cream into the ready made graham cracker pie crust. You’ll need to soften the ice cream first to make this possible. You can also use a pre made Oreo pie crust if you’re craving a bit more chocolate! Cover the pie and freeze for 15 minutes.
While the ice cream’s firming up we can go ahead and whip up our next layer! In a large bowl beat the softened cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until nice and smooth. And I mean no lumps, no bumps, silky smooth. It might take a few minutes but you’ll get there!
Next gently fold in the whipped topping. Make sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl. There’s always a little extra hiding down there! This whipped layer is the perfect balance between light and fluffy and rich and creamy. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for a pretty little garnish.
Remove the pie from the freezer and cover with the remaining whipped topping mixture. Using the back of the spoon create a slight well in the middle of the pie. This will help to hold the cherries in place. Basically you want the well to be the majority of the pie surface, reserving about a 1 inch diameter around the outside.
Pipe the reserved whipped cream around the outside of the pie. I used the largest star tip that I had on hand (the bigger the better) and just piped a single star straight up. No piping skills, no worries. Just add small dollops of whipped cream around the outside of the pie with a spoon. Place the pie back in the freezer for 3-4 hours or overnight. Do not add the cherries just yet!
And talk about make ahead, the above pie shown as is (no cherries) can be stored in the freezer for up to two months. Not that it would EVER last that long in my house!!! Now let’s get to those cherries. Spoon the cherry pie filling into the center of the pie “well” we created just before serving.
Drizzle with chocolate syrup because why wouldn’t you??? Tempting chocolate, tangy cherries, OMG……someone grab me a spoon already!!!! If you’re all about no bake then you’ll love our Easy Ice Cream Cone Cannoli too!
No Bake Black Forest Ice Cream Pie
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- chocolate syrup to garnish
- Step 1 Spoon softened chocolate ice cream into the ready made graham cracker pie crust. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Step 2 In a large bowl beat the softened cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until nice and smooth. Gently fold in the whipped topping. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for garnish.
- Step 3 Remove the pie from the freezer and cover with the remaining whipped topping mixture. Using the back of the spoon create a slight well in the middle of the pie.
- Step 4 Pipe the reserved whipped cream around the outside of the pie. Or use a spoon and add dollops of whipped cream around the edge. Place the pie back in the freezer for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Step 5 When ready to serve spoon the cherry pie filling into the center of the pie. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!
Summer is literally disappearing before my very eyes this year! Between starting an exciting new job, a revolving door of house guests that we hadn’t seen in foreva, and a few really spectacular parties, I pretty much blinked and July was gone. On the bright […]
I’ll be honest…I’ve never even tried rhubarb until I made this recipe! But if you’re going to be adventurous and try something new, I can’t think of a better way to do it than in ice cream form. My Dad grows rhubarb in his garden […]
Everyone and I do mean EVERYONE loves a good cannoli. But not everyone enjoys the work! Well this fun to eat, Easy Ice Cream Cone Cannoli recipe is a game changer people!!! It’s all the deliciousness of a good old fashioned cannoli but without any of the fuss. I know!! I can’t believe it either!! We’re trading cannoli shells for sugar cones to make this new summer delight. This super cute substitute allows the simple, creamy, cannoli filling to be the star of the show. Adults and kids alike will love this one! It’s SO good and ridiculously easy to whip up. No excuses!! You’ve gotta make this one ASAP!!
Here’s all you’ll need: ricotta cheese, confectioners sugar, mini chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and sugar cones.
The key to this entire recipe lies in the very first step. You’ve gotta drain the ricotta!! Like really, really good!! Place the ricotta in a fine mesh strainer or wrap it in cheesecloth. Place a bowl underneath and allow it to drain for 12 hours or preferably overnight. I know what you’re thinking….overnight??? But Lisa you said this was gonna be easy!! Well it is!! You can totally go on with your business and forget about it. Getting out that excess moisture will ensure a thick and creamy cannoli filling and ice cream cones that aren’t soggy. Totally worth it.
Drain off the excess liquid from the ricotta cheese. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, confectioners sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix well to combine. You can use a hand mixer on the lowest speed or just a good ole fashioned spoon and some elbow grease. I bet you can guess which route I took! Whatever gets those Easy Ice Cream Cone Cannoli into my belly faster!
Next stir in the mini chocolate chips. You’re so cute mini chocolate chips!! I could just eat you right up. In due times my friends!! Baaahhaahaaaa!!!! Refrigerate the filling until ready to use.
Fill a microwave safe dish with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of mini chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove from the microwave and stir. Repeat the process (in 30 second intervals) until the chocolate is creamy and melted.
Dip the edge of the sugar cone into the chocolate and submerge. Swirl it around a time or two and then tap off the excess chocolate.
Next roll the rim of the sugar cone into a bowl filled with mini chocolate chips. The melted chocolate will collect the candies and stick them to the cone. Place the chocolate covered cone on a sheet of parchment paper and allow the chocolate to harden. It should only take about 10-15 minutes. But if you’re impatient like me, you can toss them on a plate and stick them in the fridge for a few minutes to speed up this process. You could also swap the chocolate chips for pistachios, sprinkles, or whatever fun topping you’d like! Go nuts and make these Easy Ice Cream Cone Cannoli your own!
Once the chocolate has set up, it’s time to fill these babies!! Remove the filling from the refrigerator and add it to a ziplock baggie. Seal the bag and then cut a fairly large opening in the corner. It needs to be big enough to allow the filling and those mini chocolate chips to sneak out.
Pipe the filling into the ice cream cones and serve immediately. You can totally make the filling ahead of time but the cones will get soggy if you fill them too far in advance. Don’t worry! It only takes a sec! Besides once these lil guys are filled you won’t be able to resist a bite! Pair with our One Pan Skillet Lasagna and you’ve got yourself an easy summer meal.
Easy Ice Cream Cone Cannoli
- 8 sugar cones
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Step 1 Place the ricotta in a fine mesh strainer or wrap it in cheesecloth. Place a bowl underneath and allow it to drain for 12 hours or overnight.
- Step 2 Drain off the excess liquid from the ricotta cheese. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, confectioners sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix well to combine.
- Step 3 Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate the filling until ready to use.
- Step 4 Fill a microwave safe dish with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of mini chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove from the microwave and stir. Repeat the process until the chocolate is melted.
- Step 5 Dip the edge of the sugar cone into the chocolate. Shake off any excess chocolate. Roll the cone through a shallow bowl filled with mini chocolate chips. Place the cones on parchment or wax paper and allow the chocolate to harden.
- Step 6 Remove the filling from the refrigerator and add it to a ziplock baggie. Seal the bag and cut a fairly large opening in the corner. Once the chocolate has set, pipe the cannoli filling into the cones. Serve immediately and enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave your comments and love down below!
Shop this recipe!
Every year I make my famous Banana Split Cake for my Grandma’s birthday. I’ve probably made it for at least the last 15 years without missing a birthday. I have alot of other cakes that I can make. And I’ve tried to convince her to mix […]
We make my famous Red, White, and Berry Fruit Pizza every Fourth of July. And sometimes on Memorial Day. And Labor Day. And whenever berries go on sale. And even on just because days. It’s so good that I promise you will never get sick of […]