If Spinach Artichoke Dip is involved then you can count me in people! It’s pretty much one of my main weaknesses. I just can’t say no to this luscious, creamy, absolutely delicious dip. I’ve tried all the recipes, the restaurant knock offs, the crockpot versions, […]
Tag: super bowl party ideas
If you’ve never made Pizza Pinwheels then you’re truly missing out! This bitesize, crowd pleasing appetizer is totally irresistible, super easy to make and tastes just like pizza. Loads of pepperoni and mozzarella are wrapped up inside a tender, flaky crescent dough crust. These mini […]
I know you’ve been waiting for this post all week! It’s my very FIRST recipe made in a pressure cooker!! Are you excited? I’m excited because it actually worked!! YAAAAYYYYY!!!!!! When Cosori asked me to test out their 6-Quart Premium Pressure Cooker I knew that I had to start with an easy recipe. Like something that would be totally foolproof. This Pressure Cooker Cheddar Bacon Beer Dip is the perfect recipe to get your feet wet. This creamy, luscious, totally irresistible dip will be the life of your next party. It’s over the top cheesy, bacon-y, and loaded with lots of beer flavor of course. It pairs amazingly with our Beer Pretzels, but you could also use toasted bread, chips, veggies, or just about anything for dipping. I think I’ve found our new go to snack for Game Day!!!
Here’s all you’ll need: cream cheese, sour cream, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, beer, bacon, cheddar cheese, heavy whipping cream, green onions, and Beer Pretzels for dipping.
First let’s cook and crumble the bacon. I love this No Mess Bacon method! It’s my go to every. dang. time. This recipe calls for ALOT of bacon but isn’t that how you know it’s going to be good?!? I mean what would Cheddar Bacon Beer Dip really be without the bacon? Oh and before I forget, you’re gonna wanna set aside about 2 tablespoons of that bacon to garnish.
Then combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mustard and garlic in a greased pressure cooker. Beat with a hand blender until well combined. Yup! You can mix it all up right in the pot. That’s actually my favorite thing about pressure cooking so far, every recipe feels like a one pan wonder.
Next stir in the beer and the bacon (but not the two tablespoons that we set aside). We always use Bud Light cause that’s how we roll, but any ale will work just fine. Just stay away from dark varieties. Secure and lock the lid to the pressure cooker ensuring that the steam vent is closed. Select the manual function, adjust the pressure to medium, and set the cook timer for 5 minutes. Seriously isn’t this so easy??? Meanwhile you might as well slice up those green onions because I mean there’s really nothing else to do!
When cooking is finished, use the quick-release pressure valve and release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions. I always wear an oven mitt for this part. Safety first! Select the saute setting and adjust the temp to normal heat (about 250-275 degrees). Add the cheese and heavy cream. Mmm!! SO Cheesy!!!
Cook and stir for about 5 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and the mixture has thickened slightly. I still can’t believe we’re doing all this in one pot. We literally have one pot, a spatula and some mixing beaters to clean. How is this even possible???
Top with reserved bacon and sliced green onions. Serve warm and dig in already!! Those Beer Pretzels are calling my name!! If you’re hosting a party, you might wanna double this one!! Wanna try your hand at another pressure cooker recipe? Try our Pressure Cooker Beef Tips!
Pressure Cooker Cheddar Bacon Beer Dip
- 18 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup beer
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Beer Pretzels, toasted bread, chips, veggies, or something to dip!
- Step 1 Cook and crumble the bacon. Reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish.
- Step 2 Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mustard and garlic in a greased pressure cooker. Beat with a hand blender until well combined.
- Step 3 Next stir in the beer and the bacon (but not the two tablespoons that we set aside). Secure and lock the lid to the pressure cooker ensuring that the steam vent is closed. Select the manual function, adjust the pressure to medium, and set the cook timer for 5 minutes.
- Step 4 When cooking is finished, use the quick-release pressure valve and release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions. Select the saute setting and adjust the temp to normal heat (about 250-275 degrees). Add the cheese and heavy cream.
- Step 5 Cook and stir for about 5 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Step 6 Top with reserved bacon and sliced green onions. Serve warm and enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below.
Shop this recipe!
Typically March Madness means I’m outraged because I’m SO. Over. This. Snow!!! But this year’s a little different. We’re all about basketball right now here in Buffalo. Our hometown team, the University at Buffalo, pulled off a huge upset! If you know Buffalo sports, you know that […]
Ok so is it Soup-er Bowl or Super Bowl??? Either way I’m ready!! Happy Sunday Everyone!! The big game is finally here and we’ve got one more husband approved, game winning recipe to share with you. Cheeseburger Soup is a winter favorite in our house. […]
Soooo….you know I love me a good no bake last minute recipe! With the Super Bowl less than a week away, I wanted to bring you this super easy, super delicious party snack. Just because a recipe comes together quickly doesn’t mean it can’t be a show stopper! Our Chocolate Chip Cheesecake ball is a fun spin on the traditional cheese ball and is sure to be the game day MVP. You can even make it ahead of time or even the day before, refrigerate, and pull it out in time for kickoff. More sweet than savory, it’s dessert like flavor is a hit with kids and adults alike. Equal parts cheesecake and chocolate chip cookie dough, this yummy snack will have your party goers huddled around the food table! Ready, set, hike!!!
Here’s all you’ll need: cream cheese, butter, vanilla, confectioners sugar, brown sugar, mini chocolate chips, pecans, and graham crackers for dipping.
In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, softened butter, and vanilla until smooth. I totally cheated and nuked the cream cheese for 30 seconds in the microwave, then added the butter and ran it for another 15 seconds. Instantly softened cream cheese and butter for the win!
Next add the brown sugar and confectioners sugar and mix until well blended. The mixture should be nice and creamy and tastes just like cheesecake at this point! YUM!!!!
Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Mix until evenly distributed. Cover the mixture and refrigerate for two hours or until firm enough to shape. This recipe is literally just a bunch of refrigeration time with about 5 minutes of actual work. I won’t tell if you don’t! Super simple recipes are my favorite!!
Place the mixture on a large sheet of plastic wrap. Cover completely with the plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Place the ball into a bowl and refrigerate for one hour. The bowl helps to keep its round shape. And don’t forget, you can make this the morning of, or the day before and just keep it refrigerated until ready to serve. That is….if you can keep your hands out of it until then!
Unwrap the cheesecake ball and roll the ball into the chopped pecans before serving. Nom nom nom nom!! You’re gonna wanna double dip! You’ve been warned!
Serve Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Ball with graham crackers, animal crackers, Nella wafers, pretzels, anything that you would love to cover with chocolate chips and cheesecake! I pick all of the above!!! I’m about to run a BLITZ and charge the dessert table!! If you’re loving this recipe, you’ve gotta try our Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies too!
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Ball
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Graham crackers
- Step 1 In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, softened butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Step 2 Add the brown sugar and confectioners sugar and mix until well blended.
- Step 3 Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Cover the mixture and refrigerate for two hours or until firm enough to shape.
- Step 4 Place the mixture on a large sheet of plastic wrap. Cover completely with the plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Step 5 Unwrap and roll the ball into the chopped pecans before serving. Serve with graham crackers, pretzels or your favorite dippers. Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!
It’s no secret that I love ALL things pizza!! I’ll take it in any way, shape or form….JUST GIMME ALL THE PIZZA!!!! No really. All that gooey, cheesy goodness gives me heart eyes. And our Cheesy Pizza Dip is no exception! It’s the perfect party […]
Alright people! With Super Bowl Sunday fast approaching, it’s time to get your head in the game! It doesn’t matter which side you’re on. I don’t care if you love the Patriots or hate em. We’ve got more important things to talk about right now….like…..THE […]