If Spinach Artichoke Dip is involved then you can count me in people! It’s pretty much one of my main weaknesses. I just can’t say no to this luscious, creamy, absolutely delicious dip. I’ve tried all the recipes, the restaurant knock offs, the crockpot versions, […]
Tag: superbowl party
I know you’ve been waiting for this post all week! It’s my very FIRST recipe made in a pressure cooker!! Are you excited? I’m excited because it actually worked!! YAAAAYYYYY!!!!!! When Cosori asked me to test out their 6-Quart Premium Pressure Cooker I knew that […]
It’s that time of the year again! Our garden is bursting with fresh veggies and all of a sudden we’re like….how are we gonna eat all this??? Right now I’ve got boat loads of tomatoes on my hands. And you know I’ve already made batch after batch of our Slow Roasted Tomato Sauce well, cause it’s AMAZING (and did I mention it’s super easy too). But….I also love trying new things and finding creative ways to use up our harvest. So in the spirit of trying something new, let me introduce you to another fabulous way to put all those tomatoes to good use, Roasted Tomato Salsa. You guys!!! This is the most perfect, from scratch, garden fresh, delicious, smokey, chunky salsa ever! This scrumptious salsa is chock full of tomato flavor and can be easily customized to your taste. Serve it as an appetizer or snack, whip it up in a pinch on Taco Tuesdays or Tequila Thursdays (if that’s not a thing, can we make it a thing?), or make this your new game day go to!! Really you can’t go wrong as long as there’s salty chips and beer. Amiright?!?
Here’s all you’ll need: tomatoes, olive oil, fresh cilantro, limes, garlic, yellow pepper, green onions, ground cumin, smoked paprika, ground chipotle, salt, hot sauce, and of course have those tortilla chips ready to roll.
First we need to peel and seed those tomatoes. I promise this is the most work you’ll have to do for this whole recipe. Roasted Tomato Salsa is one of recipes that I love not just cause it tastes great, but because it’s easy!! Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray (I like to cover mine with aluminum foil first because I’m all about that easy cleanup). Place 3 tomatoes cut side down on the baking sheet (which basically just means that the skin will be on top). Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
Turn that broiler all the way up to high and broil about 4 inches from the heat for 4-5 minutes. In my oven that means top rack. Keep a watchful eye. We’re shooting for blistered tomato skin with no smoke alarms going off! High five! Roasting the tomatoes not only enhances their flavor and aroma, but also brings out a subtle smokey flavor. Cause we fancy like that!
Next allow the tomatoes to cool slightly and drain the juices. These babies are juicy enough on their own without all that extra stuff! Then bust out your handy dandy Ninja (or blender or food processor). Blend the uncooked and roasted tomatoes together in batches until chunky. That means just a quick process or two in the ninja cause this baby is powerful as all get out!
Set the tomatoes aside. Throw some cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil into the food processor. Process until blended. It’s ok if it’s a little chunky. Stir into the tomato mixture. If you’re one of those strange people that tastes a soapy flavor when eating cilantro (raises hand) then you can swap it out for fresh parsley or skip it all together. If you Google “why does cilantro taste like soap”, apparently it’s a genetic trait…..so thanks a lot Mom and Dad! I’m finding the more times I try it the less soapy it tastes but feel free to substitute if you just can’t do it.
Stir in the chopped peppers, green onions, cumin, smoked paprika, chipotle, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. And this would be the part where you can customize your Roasted Tomato Salsa like cray cray!! Add green peppers instead of yellow peppers…or both. You can have whatever you like. Turn up the heat with some extra hot sauce or throw in some jalapeños if you like it hot and spicy!!! By all means go nuts!!
Refrigerate for an hour….or longer. Let those flavors marinate baby!!! Serve with tortilla chips and have at it. What did I tell you? The most perfect, best ever, fresh and easy Roasted Tomato Salsa! Told ya so. Whip up a batch of our Beer Margaritas and let’s get this party started!!
Roasted Tomato Salsa
- 6 large tomatoes, halved and seeded, divided
- 1 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, trimmed
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- Tortilla chips
- Step 1 Peel and seed the tomatoes. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Place 3 tomatoes cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Step 2 Broil on high about 4 inches away from the heat for 4-5 minutes. Tomatoes should be blistered but not burnt.
- Step 3 Allow the tomatoes to cool slightly and drain. In a blender or food processor, blend the uncooked and roasted tomatoes together in batches until chunky. Set aside.
- Step 4 Add the cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil into the food processor. Process until blended. Add to the tomato mixture.
- Step 5 Stir in the chopped peppers, green onions, cumin, smoked paprika, chipotle, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Mix well.
- Step 6 Refrigerate for one hour (or longer). Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below.
Shop this recipe!
Typically March Madness means I’m outraged because I’m SO. Over. This. Snow!!! But this year’s a little different. We’re all about basketball right now here in Buffalo. Our hometown team, the University at Buffalo, pulled off a huge upset! If you know Buffalo sports, you know that […]
Ok so is it Soup-er Bowl or Super Bowl??? Either way I’m ready!! Happy Sunday Everyone!! The big game is finally here and we’ve got one more husband approved, game winning recipe to share with you. Cheeseburger Soup is a winter favorite in our house. […]
It’s no secret that I love ALL things pizza!! I’ll take it in any way, shape or form….JUST GIMME ALL THE PIZZA!!!! No really. All that gooey, cheesy goodness gives me heart eyes. And our Cheesy Pizza Dip is no exception! It’s the perfect party app to serve on game day and a must make for your Super Bowl party. Heck! This super easy dip is the best way to get ANY party started! Did I mention it can be prepped ahead of time too? Toss it in the oven when your guests arrive and it’s ready in no time. Don’t be surprised when it disappears before kickoff. For real….you better go try some before it’s gone!
Here’s all you’ll need: cream cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, shredded mozzarella, shredded cheddar, pizza sauce, chopped green pepper, chopped red pepper, and tortilla chips for serving.
In a small bowl combine the softened cream cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Mix with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. I’m so not one of those people that has my cream cheese softened ahead of time. I just can’t get my act together like that! 30 seconds in the microwave will do the trick!
Grease a pie plate with cooking spray. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly into the bottom of the pie plate. I know what you’re thinking…pizza with no crust?!? But trust me!! Cheesy Pizza Dip is delicious even sans crust! You won’t even miss it.
Combine the cheeses. Mix em up really good. Now sprinkle half of the cheese mixture on top of the cream cheese. I’m pretty sure I couldn’t live without cheese! The loves in my life are like Hubby…Puppies….Cheese!!! And not necessarily in that order.
Spoon pizza sauce over top of the cheese. Spread evenly to cover.
Then top with green and red peppers. Or skip it for all you picky eaters out there! It’ll still be pretty yummy even without them. I’ve even made this with peppers only on half to accommodate different tastes. But I’m all for both kinds. Load it up!
Sprinkle with the remaining cheese to cover. Cause you can never have enough cheese!!!
Bake Cheesy Pizza Dip uncovered in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Tostitos make the best dippers! You know the scoop kind so you can get a nice heaping spoonful in your chip. This also goes well with breadsticks or toasted baguette rounds. Bonus points for the best cheese pull!! In need of some more great party apps? Check out our Spinach Artichoke Dip or Pizza Pinwheels!
Cheesy Pizza Dip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- Tortilla chips or breadsticks for serving
- Step 1 In a small bowl combine the softened cream cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Mix with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Step 2 Grease a pie plate with cooking spray. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly into the bottom of the pie plate.
- Step 3 Combine the cheeses. Sprinkle half the cheese over the cream cheese mixture.
- Step 4 Spoon pizza sauce on top of cheese. Top with green and red peppers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Step 5 Bake uncovered in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips or breadsticks. Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!